2020/21 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
As you say he could have obtained the injury outside football but I'm still dumbfounded at how a medical team deem a player who has only been in full contact a month ok to play in the premier league when eased into full contact preseason would make much more sense for his body . I thought it really strange he was brought into the playing squad so quick after training contact and even more so that carlo played him for his comeback recently.
would agree if he played like 4 90 minute games in quick succession, but you can hardly call his sub apperance against Palace a risk. Besides it took an age between his training video in France and his return to training with the team so i can't call this rushing back. Add another midfielder to the shopping list and loan him back to Mainz as soon as he is fit,.

He is going to be a big lose for the rest of the season

Doubt he was ever gonna hit top form this season...he had been out for so long, and no preseason, so basically was gonna be using the remainder of this seasons games to build up his fitness...it was going to be tough for him to play in games where every other player was fitter than him...

Apparently nothing to do with his achilles or thigh, which were the two major injuries. But described as a freak injury is definitely concerning

Hope it’s all jarg, but said that with Doucoure as well lollol

Stick a fork in him and stick a fork in us, we are done

People were saying earlier that he was stretchered off from training.
Possibly true. Not all football related injuries are anything to do with the medical team though.

I’m not saying they’re NOT to blame for this setback, just that we have no idea until we have some idea what the injury actually is.

Apparently nothing to do with his achilles or thigh, which were the two major injuries. But described as a freak injury is definitely concerning

The Athletic wouldn't report it unless it was true unfortunately

Think you see a lot of that with bad sporting injuries...I.e - running styles/muscles change and other parts of your body start getting injured.

This guy has had two potentially career Enders...hopefully this is more routine injury and he can come agai.

I’m sorry but nobody gets three totally separate “freak” injuries one after the other. Lad just sounds physically done. Claim it on the insurance and buy another mid in the future.
have they confirmed what this latest "freak" injury is? Was he trampled by an unexpected stampede of frightened wildebeest charging through Finch Farm because that really would be a freak injury! Maybe he was trying to rescue James from said stampede but his jealous brother, desperate for the thrown threw him back into the gaggle of charging wild cattle!!!

The clues were there in the squad photo, we just ignored them. Hopefully just out of oil or something simple like that.

1618232463971.png

have they confirmed what this latest "freak" injury is? Was he trampled by an unexpected stampede of frightened wildebeest charging through Finch Farm because that really would be a freak injury! Maybe he was trying to rescue James from said stampede but his jealous brother, desperate for the thrown threw him back into the gaggle of charging wild cattle!!!

Fully on board with a Lion King type scenario, anyone with half a heart would accept that if it were true. It says a lot about his record that I’m not completely ruling it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.