2020/21 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, sounds like Echo were talking wham again. Carlo reckons he'll be fit to play late next month. Might as well leave him until December though, for God's sake let's make sure he's totally fine before he gets near playing again.
Give him Christmas off as well to make sure he’s really fit, just take it easy on the Christmas puddin’, then start him with an easy game in the third round of the FA cup.

...absolutely, although I expect Gbamin to be all energy. More similar to Doucoure.

Yeah he will probably offer more going forward. There may even be games where all 3 play if we need to have a more robust midfield. Its all about options.

...absolutely, although I expect Gbamin to be all energy. More similar to Doucoure.

Just watched a couple of vids and he seems a good mix of Allan and Doucoure. Has the willingness and ability to receive the ball and distribute it (a la Allan) but also likes to carry the ball and can use his pace to both recover and break lines (a la Doucoure) and like both of them harasses and loves a tackle. Would defo say he is more of defensive player.

I’d keep him out, even if fit, to new year myself.

Defo, if there's games in December in which we're looking comfortable, try and give him 10-20 mins here and there. I think a certain target for him should be to start the FA Cup game in Jan.

I hope he proves to be a top player but when you look at our business overall last summer every signing has been a dud so hoping he's the exception to the rule.

Seeing how Carlo basically gave Delph the whole of lockdown football off last season so he could overcome his injuries. The reckon there will be no rush, maybe we'll see him 2021 but doubt much earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.