2019/20 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has this place always been so full of moaners and manic depressives?

Is it an Everton thing perhaps?

Just wait until we actually sign someone :

Too old / too young.
Another teams cast offs.
Too expensive / waste of money.
Too slow.
No resale value.
Not the same standard as Messi.
Stats aren`t good on FIFA.

Doesn’t take away your moan/wum stats though

Do you have those stats to hand?

I’m not one of the “Everton That” define yourself as a loser brigade. I don’t pretend that Everton are the most unluckiest club in the world that is doomed to eternal failure.

I continually say that we should be more positive about our outlook, and I don’t think we should be setting targets that involve being knocked out of cup competitions. I think we should be doing much better than what we are considering our de facto owner is wealthier than Roman Abramovich.

But you do have to be realistic, and expecting anything from someone that needs an ambulance every time he kicks a football is expecting a bit too much imo.

The quad injury is just terrible, absolutely awful injury for a footballer to get, especially one who’s game is based on power and getting around the pitch. All that initial drive when changing direction goes through that part of your quad, it’s speculated that is how the Achilles happened as he was subconsciously compensating for it.

I’d like to be optimistic about it but it’s a proper career shortener if not a career ender. Again, particularly for a player who’s game is based on fast twitch muscle fibres and physicality. We’ll just have to see but I’ll be surprised if he’s anything near what he used to be physically sadly.
Genuine Q, are you medically qualified?

Do you have those stats to hand?

I’m not one of the “Everton That” define yourself as a loser brigade. I don’t pretend that Everton are the most unluckiest club in the world that is doomed to eternal failure.

I continually say that we should be more positive about our outlook, and I don’t think we should be setting targets that involve being knocked out of cup competitions. I think we should be doing much better than what we are considering our de facto owner is wealthier than Roman Abramovich.

But you do have to be realistic, and expecting anything from someone that needs an ambulance every time he kicks a football is expecting a bit too much imo.
He’s just been injured. It’s unlucky, you e decided he’s crap though, that’s not unlucky, it’s stupid

Tbf there’s some freak injuries there. Can go further back and Jagielka/Arteta/Yakubu are examples of players who came back from bad injuries. This one doesn’t seem good though it’s incredibly rare in footballers (more a basketball injury). It’s from overload as well so it’s entirely our fitness teams fault they should know where each player is at. Unless JPG has withheld information but they should be able to work out where their charges are up to. This one was entirely preventable sadly.

Thats the problem of buying players late and not giving them an adequate pre season / fitness programme.

Add in Silva then rushing him in it was always going to be a recipe for disaster.

Brands
Silva
Dr Mengele of Everton

All 3 likely played their part in the poor lads injury.

Genuine Q, are you medically qualified?

No a friend of mine is a professional sports physician, dealt with all kinds of injuries. We talked a fair bit about JPG when it first happened (before the second surgery). Consensus is that quad tendon rupture doesn’t usually get back to 100%, it’s the range of motion and also subsequent weakness in the affected area. The tendon basically connects the kneecap to the quad so whether he’ll ever be able to drive through that leg fully again is debatable (at the elite level required of course). I think the injury came about while striking a ball? Says it all about the overload.

No a friend of mine is a professional sports physician, dealt with all kinds of injuries. We talked a fair bit about JPG when it first happened (before the second surgery). Consensus is that quad tendon rupture doesn’t usually get back to 100%, it’s the range of motion and also subsequent weakness in the affected area. The tendon basically connects the kneecap to the quad so whether he’ll ever be able to drive through that leg fully again is debatable (at the elite level required of course). I think the injury came about while striking a ball? Says it all about the overload.

I tore my quad muscle at 18, could never play football properly again. Not comparing my self in any way to a top athlete but its very painful when the muscle pops thru the inner layer

I tore my quad muscle at 18, could never play football properly again. Not comparing my self in any way to a top athlete but its very painful when the muscle pops thru the inner layer
That’s it, it’s a debilitating injury, one of the worst you can get as a sportsman. It’s not usually associated with football but it doesn’t seem like a good one to get whatsoever. Can’t think of many worse you can get mechanically speaking.

Just wait until we actually sign someone :

Too old / too young.
Another teams cast offs.
Too expensive / waste of money.
Too slow.
No resale value.
Not the same standard as Messi.
Stats aren`t good on FIFA.
Played for x-Club so must be rubbish
Was once relegated
Hair too long
Hair too short
Penis not big enough
Penis too big.
Didn't do well on FM when I bought them
Fixed.

So you were told this before he played 90 mins against Watford, and was injured the following week in training?

Seems legit.
I don’t know if you’ve ever done a drugs test for anything serious, but to analyze it, and to get secondary confirmation it’s not the same day. This time scale you’ve provided even makes more sense, because the so called injury is when the results came in.

I don’t know if you’ve ever done a drugs test for anything serious, but to analyze it, and to get secondary confirmation it’s not the same day. This time scale you’ve provided even makes more sense, because the so called injury is when the results came in.

But your mate knew before then yeah?

Status
Not open for further replies.