2019/20 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
The quad injury is just terrible, absolutely awful injury for a footballer to get, especially one who’s game is based on power and getting around the pitch. All that initial drive when changing direction goes through that part of your quad, it’s speculated that is how the Achilles happened as he was subconsciously compensating for it.

I’d like to be optimistic about it but it’s a proper career shortener if not a career ender. Again, particularly for a player who’s game is based on fast twitch muscle fibres and physicality. We’ll just have to see but I’ll be surprised if he’s anything near what he used to be physically sadly.

You’re right, in normal circumstances that’s not enough to judge him. However, him missing so much time due to whatever reason. Means it’s fair to say he will in all honesty probably never be the level that’s required.
I don’t disagree with that. I fact I made that point. But you made a judgement on his performances which is a bit silly.

And he’s been injured. Sack off the conspiracy theories. It’s not Reddit ffs.

The quad injury is just terrible, absolutely awful injury for a footballer to get, especially one who’s game is based on power and getting around the pitch. All that initial drive when changing direction goes through that part of your quad, it’s speculated that is how the Achilles happened as he was subconsciously compensating for it.

I’d like to be optimistic about it but it’s a proper career shortener if not a career ender. Again, particularly for a player who’s game is based on fast twitch muscle fibres and physicality. We’ll just have to see but I’ll be surprised if he’s anything near what he used to be physically sadly.
Physical imbalance, particularly at that level are so dangerous.

Looks like they upped his work load way too quickly.

It would be an odd thing to make up - getting injured playing head tennis with Andre Gomes, making another player a part of a big lie. And was sacking the head of rehabilitation because of his handling of the first injury part of the cover up or not?

Apparently, when JPG couldn't play, he set up a mobile meth lab in an RV and started making Blue meth (obviously) to support his family if he couldn't play again.

Anyway, Alan Kelly is a huge King pin drug lord and found out about it, so he had him hobbled misery style on the Finch farm treatment table. Andre Gomes saw this, so Alan Kelly also paid Son to do him in is as well, to keep him quiet.

Alan Kelly is a menace.

Physical imbalance, particularly at that level are so dangerous.

Looks like they upped his work load way too quickly.

Absolutely, there is going to be significant weakness in the affected area, who knows whether range of motion will ever be the same. Plus it can put added stress on the knee joint l, affect how the knee bends and as we’ve seen it can cause other areas to over compensate.

The second surgery I believe was to remove scar tissue which would suggest the range of motion had been affected as well. Not good.

Inappropriate Content
I don’t disagree with that. I fact I made that point. But you made a judgement on his performances which is a bit silly.

And he’s been injured. Sack off the conspiracy theories. It’s not Reddit ffs.

I was told soon after the Palace game he was given an 18 month drugs ban, for a type of steroid. Apparently the club have tried to kept it quiet.

Absolutely, there is going to be significant weakness in the affected area, who knows whether range of motion will ever be the same. Plus it can put added stress on the knee joint l, affect how the knee bends and as we’ve seen it can cause other areas to over compensate.

The second surgery I believe was to remove scar tissue which would suggest the range of motion had been affected as well. Not good.
It’s a shame for the lad. He’s what, 24? Hope it doesn’t destroy his career entirely, even if he can’t cut it at the top level any longer.

he’s got youth on his side which is in the plus column but even the effects on his mentality will be tough to get over.

Aye like Bolasie if he doesnt recover physically he'll be yet another waste on the books until he contract expires in 4 years time.

The amount of players we have finished from bad injuries is crazy

Gbamin
Bolasie
Oviedo
McCarthy
Coleman

All never returned to the levels they were at prior (regardless of how good they actually were beforehand).

I was told soon after the Palace game he was given an 18 month drugs ban, for a type of steroid. Apparently the club have tried to kept it quiet.
I’m sure it must be true then if that’s what you were told.

I guess we’ll know by next year whether it was drugs or not.

Aye like Bolasie if he doesnt recover physically he'll be yet another waste on the books until he contract expires in 4 years time.

The amount of players we have finished from bad injuries is crazy

Gbamin
Bolasie
Oviedo
McCarthy
Coleman

All never returned to the levels they were at prior (regardless of how good they actually were beforehand).
Oviedo and Coleman were fractured legs!

I’m sure it must be true then if that’s what you were told.

I guess we’ll know by next year whether it was drugs or not.

It’s quite common in Germany for them to be on all kinds of juice, anyone who thinks professional footballers don’t dope up, is insane.

It’s quite common in Germany for them to be on all kinds of juice, anyone who thinks professional footballers don’t dope up, is insane.
I didn’t say that did I.
All top level sports people will do stuff like that.
That doesn’t mean I think Gbamin has had a drugs ban though.
But you believe what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.