2019/20 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's going to be a long hard season for him. Anybody stepping into Gueye's shoes would be the same. It's just a shame we weren't able to get a proven replacement in. Hopefully this fella settles and comes good, far too early to judge yet.

It's going to take time for him to adapt to the league

You just don't get the time on the ball in the Premier League that you do in European Leagues

I'm sure Silva will work with him on that and the other players in the squad will help him out as well

Looks like he's going to be chucked in the deep end thanks to Schneiderlin being an absolute plum on the highest order, perhaps even alongside Davies if Gomes isn't fit in time

Getting rid of Besic, McCarthy and Joe Williams all in the same window not looking the brightest idea at the moment, especially when you take into account Delph's previous injury issues

Good luck to him anyway. I didn't really know anything about him before he came here and you can't really judge him on that performance on Saturday as he's probably trained with his team mates a mere handful of times and he's never played in England before. I've not seen many tearing into him thankfully, so at least the majority of our fan base hasn't quite lost their minds just yet. We might not see the best of Gbamin for a few months yet, if not longer, but I think most seem to realise that and I think he'll get time from the majority of the supporters

It's going to take time for him to adapt to the league

You just don't get the time on the ball in the Premier League that you do in European Leagues

Getting rid of Besic, McCarthy and Joe Williams all in the same window not looking the brightest idea at the moment, especially when you take into account Delph's previous injury issues

Re: time on the ball, absolutely correct. Anyone who has played footy knows that feeling when you step up a level and someone is on you in a flash on your first touch. Saturday may have been a tough experience for him but it'll be a good one.

On the second point I'm not sure the three of them would fare any better, we could sub them on one after another and watch their hamstrings turn to jelly..

Got to give him time.

Hope he starts against Watford just hope Gomes is fit alongside him.

I would much rather have Delph in there but that isn't going to happen. Hilarious how every post on this page is give him when the exact same people will have the knives out by the international break if he plays the next few games and we are in the bottom half.

He should be eased into the team, sub appearances here and there but unfortunately I don't think that will happen.

I've not actually seen anyone on Twitter have a go at him.

Just seen all the usual suspects having a go at people for having a go at him...
Don't use twitter but was still surprised to see this post. But it's actually spot on.

I haven't been in this thread since immediately post match on Saturday and most of the initial dozen or so posts were giving him a bit of a battering. Plus there was a new thread started at the same time dedicated to how poor our midfield is. I've spent the time since wondering why our club is blessed with so many nobheads as supporters.

But now I've revisited the thread I can see that the sensible fans quickly came to his support and the vast majority of posts since then have been generally positive. Good to see.

Will take a few weeks to get up to speed with the Premier and for us to adjust our style to accommodate the loss of Gueye, but I'm looking forward to seeing this guy play. He looks an absolute specimen and with him, Mina behind him and Kean up front, we seem to have a really strong spine to the team for the first time in a long time. I don't think we'll get bullied by many teams this season.

Just gone back and read the first 3 pages of posts straight after the game, in which a grand total of 0 people wrote him off or passed comment on anything other than his performance on the day, but a number of people went along the lines of 'look at you all writing him off it's disgusting'. Honestly I don't think half of you read other people's posts, you just see what you want to see.

He was poor, but it’s probably done him more good than it would have done if he had sailed through the game. He knows he has to be on it all
the time in this league, it also gives them all something to work on.
Looking forward to see him progress now, he will probably the get time to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.