2019/20 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that because he normally has his tea at 6?
that might be part of it, actually.

Can you imagine relying on Davies to have positional discipline, protect the backline, and make up for the acres of space Gomes concedes since he doesn't play defense? That just terrifies me. At least Schneiderlin has some ideas about positioning. Don't get me wrong, I still like Davies, but I want to see him pressing and playing on the front foot higher up the pitch.

Maybe, just maybe, this might force us into a change of system. Or if Davies is brought in, perhaps his more attacking form of football might be exactly what we need. Having Schneiderlin alongside Gomes was frightening to watch. Fingers crossed we can find a combination that works better. Trying to remain positive.

I guess, but is a quad really a common injury? I have no idea on the circumstances, but I thought quad damage can often be the result of something that's built up over time. That's a little concerning I guess, but I have absolutely no medical knowledge, though. I mean, ZERO.

....i’ve suffered in the past, it could be a number of things; lack of warm up, previous scar tissue etc but I imagine it’s the result of muscle fatigue (overdoing it). I wouldn’t say it’s common, certainly not as common as a hamstring but it’s one you have to get right or it’ll ping again.

I guess, but is a quad really a common injury? I have no idea on the circumstances, but I thought quad damage can often be the result of something that's built up over time. That's a little concerning I guess, but I have absolutely no medical knowledge, though. I mean, ZERO.
Can be that the muscle has been strengthened too quickly - people who hit the gym too hard can get tendon injuries as muscles can grow and strengthen quickly at a rate where the tendons can't keep up as they have a much more limited blood supply. Overtrain the muscles and they are pulling on tendons that have yet to adapt. Not saying that's what happened here - could just have been an awkward movement that caused a tear.

Maybe, just maybe, this might force us into a change of system. Or if Davies is brought in, perhaps his more attacking form of football might be exactly what we need. Having Schneiderlin alongside Gomes was frightening to watch. Fingers crossed we can find a combination that works better. Trying to remain positive.

I'm hoping that too. It might force us to play Silva's preferred 433 formation. Or, as it's Everton, will make us just get overrun in midfield... I'm going for the latter. :dodgy:

Status
Not open for further replies.