2019/20 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are the RS gonna get their players out of this one?

From my impression, Salah and Mane take their internationals seriously.

They don't. They buy/loan cover in the summer or bring up some of the kids for a month.

The good news for them is that the dates mean that they don't get screwed in the Champions League.

Looks like he won’t be playing again this season (who does our medicals ?)

Question is will we need to replace him this summer too as it seems his a crock

Looks like he won’t be playing again this season (who does our medicals ?)

Question is will we need to replace him this summer too as it seems his a crock
Where did you see this reported? I read in that illustrious rag the Football Insider stating that with lots of quotes from the official site but omitting the part about 8 weeks and back before the end of the season. Was there another source reporting on it?

Where did you see this reported? I read in that illustrious rag the Football Insider stating that with lots of quotes from the official site but omitting the part about 8 weeks and back before the end of the season. Was there another source reporting on it?

It’s in the echo mate

Sources at the club reckon it will be optimistic seeing him again this season

Which happens, a simple thigh strain generally doesn’t need surgery, that’s what was thought at the time until a second check found the quad muscle problem. It’s very very rare that that type of injury requires 2 surgeries on it, I think Carlo is being a bit kind in saying he’s hopeful of appearing before the end of the season

2nd op was removing scar tissue and is apparently fairly normal in those sorts of injuries.

My fear is that’s where his heading
As @Disgruntledgoat rightly questioned, based on what? To the best of my knowledge, his career hasn't yet been blighted with injuries, apart from this current one.

This injury may have long-term consequences, or it may not: we will know more over the coming months once he's rehabilitated and games under his belt.

I'd say a more valid question is what quality and type of player we've got because in all fairness we haven't seen much of him, so he's still an unknown quantity.

As @Disgruntledgoat rightly questioned, based on what? To the best of my knowledge, his career hasn't yet been blighted with injuries, apart from this current one.

This injury may have long-term consequences, or it may not: we will know more over the coming months once he's rehabilitated and games under his belt.

I'd say a more valid question is what quality and type of player we've got because in all fairness we haven't seen much of him, so he's still an unknown quantity.
Looked big and strong from the little I saw of him, which should bode well in the league as he can shrug players off. Wanted a bit too much time on the ball but that was to be expected.

People have been slating him based on very little and Fabian Delph has shown a hell of a lot worse (albeit in more games) than Gbamin showed in his little cameos.

How are the RS gonna get their players out of this one?

From my impression, Salah and Mane take their internationals seriously.

It's in April i think, so it will be well won by then anyway, but it wouldn't be a problem regardless. Its only 5 games if you get to the final. As long as there's time for flights inbetween the AFCON games and the league games they will be fine. Play early hours friday morning, straight on plane after game, quick blood transfusion, straight in for Saturday 17:30 KO, play 96 mins, back on plane, be back in Africa for Sunday and ready to play again in the Egypt vs Senegal final.

Status
Not open for further replies.