2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

We'd be mad to not sell him if someone offered £80m. That's fantastic value and gives us money to reinvest in several positions.

We're not in a position to hold onto an asset like him. To make £80m~ profit would be fantastic business on an uncapped English CB would be fantastic business.

I disagree mate. I think we have been conditioned into that mindset. Other teams dont sell their best players until they get a ridiculous offer and squeezed a good bit of juice out of the player. We need to be that.

I dont believe in the whole sell and reinvest thing with us i think its a con and i also dont trust anyone at the club to do it, how many years consecutively now are we selling our best player and players with untapped potential and not improving.

Ive called BS on it a long time ago.

As for Brathwaite i put him in Rooney class as top tier obvs different position - they dont come around often and you absolutely have to maximise it. Hes better then Stones.

I disagree mate. I think we have been conditioned into that mindset. Other teams dont sell their best players until they get a ridiculous offer and squeezed a good bit of juice out of the player. We need to be that.

I dont believe in the whole sell and reinvest thing with us i think its a con and i also dont trust anyone at the club to do it, how many years consecutively now are we selling our best player and players with untapped potential and not improving.

Ive called BS on it a long time ago.

As for Brathwaite i put him in Rooney class as top tier obvs different position - they dont come around often and you absolutely have to maximise it. Hes better then Stones.

£80m is a ridiculous offer.

It would be the joint highest transfer fee for a defender in football history.

I would class that as good business, you're mad to think we'd get more.

£80m is a ridiculous offer.

It would be the joint highest transfer fee for a defender in football history.

I would class that as good business, you're mad to think we'd get more.

Call me mad then mate.

If bids come in for £80 mill, turn them down, if teams walk away, im happy with that, he appreciates again.

We need to stop being a soft touch. The lad is a generatiional talent in my opinion.

If you are willing seller you will get stung.

Call me mad then mate.

If bids come in for £80 mill, turn them down, if teams walk away, im happy with that, he appreciates again.

We need to stop being a soft touch. The lad is a generatiional talent in my opinion.

We won't be just a willing seller, we are a desperate seller that is for sure Branthwaite and Onana will both be sold this summer 100% and if we get any where near 80m for either I will be amazed

Nah mate, your getting 2 players in at that price.

He's a triple figure player

Our entire starting XI v City cost about £100m mate. £80m would give you room to get 3-4 players in to improve our squad.

Call me mad then mate.

I think you're slightly overrating him here. You think Brathwaite should demand the highest ever transfer fee for a defender? There's nothing about being a soft touch by getting £80m profit on a CB who's only just broke into our starting lineup this season.

We won't be just a willing seller, we are a desperate seller that is for sure Branthwaite and Onana will both be sold this summer 100% and if we get any where near 80m for either I will be amazed

Im not saying it will happen as i describe mate, im saying what should happen.

I think we need to get out of the mindset as supporters of being resigned to the necessity of selling our best players, we accept it far to easy, for litte to zero upside or improvement. Selling Duncan nearly brought down the club, now we just shrug our shoulders.

We're even getting excited by how much we could get for him, that's wrong and a symptom of the skip fire at this club.

Our entire starting XI v City cost about £100m mate. £80m would give you room to get 3-4 players in to improve our squad.

I think you're slightly overrating him here. You think Brathwaite should demand the highest ever transfer fee for a defender? There's nothing about being a soft touch by getting £80m profit on a CB who's only just broke into our starting lineup this season.

My eyes don't lie mate, in fact he has absolutely surprised me, but i think he has everything and if there is a better young defender in Europe at the moment i don't know them. I think he's already one of the best defenders in the league. What a team is buying is 10++ years of a generational centre half - thats what we would be loosing and id want to be compensated for it.

Id absolutely back us to get more then £80 mill if it was played right, id look at Kane and Rice, keep the talent, knock back bids, keep for a year or two definitely, hold the tension, cash in. we shouldn't look to sell any young player with PL potential to fulfil for 3 years in my opinion.

If you believe we are investing £80 mill into the squad mate, you need to go back and catch up on previous Everton episodes.

My eyes don't lie mate, in fact he has absolutely surprised me, but i think he has everything and if there is a better young defender in Europe at the moment i don't know them. I think he's already one of the best defenders in the league.

Id absolutely back us to get more then £80 mill if it was played right, knock back bids, keep for a year or two definitely.

If you believe we are investing £80 mill into the squad mate, you need to go back and catch up on previous Everton episodes.

Absolutely bonkers

The record will be broken by someone, so why not. Caicedo went for 115, he’s nowhere near that value, but that’s the price. We need an auction and I think we’d get one the following summer. And I would wait a year

The record will be broken by someone, so why not. Caicedo went for 115, he’s nowhere near that value, but that’s the price. We need an auction and I think we’d get one the following summer. And I would wait a year

As I already said mate, we cannot use Chelsea's spending as a benchmark for 'market value'. Nobody else pays the fees they have, for the same players.

Branthwaite is not going for £80m+ and neither is he worth that much. We need to remove the biased blinkers a little here and get realistic.