2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Seemed a little over eager to win the ball today and a few times (albeit slightly unlucky on occasions with deflections) came out without possession leaving us exposed. Perhaps knew that Southgate was in the stands.

However still bullied Watkins around the park, another 7-8 out of ten

Seemed a little over eager to win the ball today and a few times (albeit slightly unlucky on occasions with deflections) came out without possession leaving us exposed. Perhaps knew that Southgate was in the stands.

However still bullied Watkins around the park, another 7-8 out of ten
Watkins rolled him a couple of times, so not perfect, but still very good.

I thought he had a middle-ish game. Watkins gave him some problems today, although the officials let Watkins away with a fair amount.

Himself and Tarkowski had a tough day at the office without Villa really threatening Pickford.
Watkins gives every centre half problem in the league, he is a class act. 5 goals & 7 assists in his last 10 games.

I thought Branthwaite did as well as anyone I have seen most up against him.

Screenshot_20240115_001822_Google.jpg

Watkins gives every centre half problem in the league, he is a class act. 5 goals & 7 assists in his last 10 games.

I thought Branthwaite did as well as anyone I have seen most up against him.

To be fair in the 1st half Tarkowski was the one marking Watkins and I was worried he had a yard on him. What Branthwaite did well was he pushed Watkins deeper. The times when Watkins won the duals where much higher up the pitch so he still had a lot to do and Branthwaite can recover. So in committing himself he wasn’t as exposed. I do agree with some posters
It could have gone wrong.