2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Think he got a bit spooked by the poor position he’d been left in and the player he’d to face, all completely normal for a centre half his age. Tried to engage instead of sending him wider. All part of the learning process. Super talent
His recovery pace got him into a great position but I think he was just more hesitant than usual because it was Haaland. If he waited for Haaland to make his next touch before engaging he would have overtaken him and been in the perfect position to tackle him.

Loving how this kid has grasped the nettle and is growing with every game for us.

A Rolls Royce centre back in the finest Everton traditions imo - if he can continue to add goals from our set pieces then even better.

He was up against an unreal striker in Haaland and did very well in the main.

I would be delighted to keep the lad for a long, long time and build a side around him but I hope if he does get sold in summer we see a fee that is proportionate to his talent, current ability and future potential.

Not that I’m arsed, but He should be in the England team already, he’s streets ahead of some of the dross Southgate is picking.

The boy is progressing well.
Seems like a grounded guy as well.
Obviously benefitting from his learning tutelage under Unsie and benefiting from rubbing shoulders with Keano Holgy and Godders

We are losing him in the summer regardless. Hope he gets picked for England, shines and we get extra £££.
Like @mikew1878 said, I think we are losing him regardless, so it's not as if his head isn't already being turned even at U21 level.

Being an England international may speed up the process of him leaving us, but it isn't going to define it; we have to accept that he'll move on to better things.

So, if having some caps under his belt and performing well at national level raises his value even more, let's embrace it.

There aren't many CBs in the world who are confident on the ball, both footed (see Garner video), strong as an ox and read the game well.

he'll develop as a defender much better playing for Dyche as he'll have a lot more practice defending.

Similar to Stones though, will come a time he'll need to play in a more progressive side if he wants to be better on the ball and in a high line.

He's playing in a low block well but Michael Keane even has his moments in this tactic.

I suspect he'll be gone in the summer and we'll get abar £60-70m for him.

Similar to Stones though, will come a time he'll need to play in a more progressive side if he wants to be better on the ball and in a high line.

He's playing in a low block well but Michael Keane even has his moments in this tactic.

I suspect he'll be gone in the summer and we'll get abar £60-70m for him.
We don't always play a low block by any means, Branthwaite is very often trying to win the ball in the opposition half.