Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only 2 years left...has to sign a new contract this summer if not I am afraid he will have to be sold this coming window to ensure we get the biggest possible fee. I have a feeling that the club is looking to cash cashing on him as it would be a nice profit from a ffp perspective. Not sure he is keen to sign a new contract as he knows very well the big teams are looking at him.
Weren't the RS sniffing around a while ago?

If PSV owned him and we signed him he'd be starting for us. Also based on his improvement and level over the season he'd probably be our 2nd best centre back.

To be fair he could have been 3rd choice last season. But Mina has gone now.

And he'd struggle at times and would be dropped...for Keane, Holgate, or Godfrey. Because that's what happens to players his age.

Can't you see the issue there?

He's 20 years old. If you can name me a central defender currently playing regular football in the premiership at that age successfully...let me know

Unless he's Maldini regen...then he wouldn't be at Everton.

Last edited:

And he'd struggle at times and would be dropped...for Keane, Holgate, or Godfrey. Because that's what happens to players his age.

He's 20 years old. If you can name me a central defender currently playing regular football in the premiership at that age successfully...let me know

…I think John Stones established himself at Everton around the same age. Probably unfair to compare him to that level but this lad has proper potential and could genuinely be the real deal.

For all the crap Martinez said/did he was right about getting off Stones' back and letting him develop. We can/could/should perhaps do the same thing here.

However, he'll be 4th choice here so this is all irrelevant.

…I think John Stones established himself at Everton around the same age. Probably unfair to compare him to that level but this lad has proper potential and could genuinely be the real deal.
I really hope that he is a mainstay of the defence next season Eggs but worry about Dyche's reluctance to play young players ( can someone explain how Stanley Mills didn't even make the bench).
The worst possible situation would be for Jarrad to be sidelined for the season , it would be terrible for his development

If PSV owned him and we signed him he'd be starting for us. Also based on his improvement and level over the season he'd probably be our 2nd best centre back.

If his name was Jan van Branthorn and was a 20 year old Dutch Starlet with the season he had, we would be creaming ourselves over him.. many top teams would!

I really hope that he is a mainstay of the defence next season Eggs but worry about Dyche's reluctance to play young players ( can someone explain how Stanley Mills didn't even make the bench).
The worst possible situation would be for Jarrad to be sidelined for the season , it would be terrible for his development
"Not experienced", which we'll defo get used to hearing often.

….I don’t get this ‘Dyche reluctance to play youngsters’. You highlight Stan Mills who I understand had a bad hamstring injury before the end of the season but he was hardly likely to replace Iwobi or McNeil in those crucial games.

One thing we’ve learned from Dyche is that he’s uncomplicated and he’s not one to cut off his nose to spite his face. He ultimately discarded Keane, he saw enough of Holgate, Maupay and Simms to hardly involve them.

I think he’ll pick his best team and I’d be disappointed if he’s not looking forward to working with Branthwaite.

For me John Stones was arguably the most talented English defender of his generation… setting the bar that high .. I’m all for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.