Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
….just been on PSV fans site but none the wiser;

IMG_5740.jpeg

Only 2 years left...has to sign a new contract this summer if not I am afraid he will have to be sold this coming window to ensure we get the biggest possible fee. I have a feeling that the club is looking to cash cashing on him as it would be a nice profit from a ffp perspective. Not sure he is keen to sign a new contract as he knows very well the big teams are looking at him.

We need to try to tie him to a long contract to protect our asset. I expect he already knows his potential and may have half an eye on the step after us in his career.
Or three quarters of both eyes

Reactions: SJB
How old was John Stones when he first played for us? Just wondering if Jarrad’s ‘extremely young’ or in the same ball park to start for us

Only 2 years left...has to sign a new contract this summer if not I am afraid he will have to be sold this coming window to ensure we get the biggest possible fee. I have a feeling that the club is looking to cash cashing on him as it would be a nice profit from a ffp perspective. Not sure he is keen to sign a new contract as he knows very well the big teams are looking at him.

….i suspect he’ll be worth a lot more in 2 seasons, cashing in now could leave us well short. We need to extend that contract as a matter of urgency.

Where would Michael Keane rate amongst Eredivisie defenders? My mate reckons he’d be comfortably the best in that league. And he does not rate Keggers AT ALL

….no doubt the PL is stronger but we’re talking about a rookie 20 year old going to a foreign country. It’s very impressive. We have promising youngsters on loan in lower leagues who have struggled.

….no doubt the PL is stronger but we’re talking about a rookie 20 year old going to a foreign country.
Just going off a conversation I had with a mate. Couldn’t name more than probably 2-3 players in that league myself. No idea of the quality.

He said something like “how good can the defenders actually be when you have players like Weghorst, Van Wolfswinkel and Haller scoring bucket loads every season”.

Where would Michael Keane rate amongst Eredivisie defenders? My mate reckons he’d be comfortably the best in that league. And he does not rate Keggers AT ALL

I reckon he definitely wouldn’t be the best in the league and would still get ripped apart there as he does here.

Just going off a conversation I had with a mate. Couldn’t name more than probably 2-3 players in that league myself. No idea of the quality.

He said something like “how good can the defenders actually be when you have players like Weghorst, Van Wolfswinkel and Haller scoring bucket loads every season”.

….not sure if he played but I think PSV played Arsenal twice & AC Milan once in Europe, conceding just one goal.

Lisandro Martinez came from there and he’s been great this season.

….i suspect he’ll be worth a lot more in 2 seasons, cashing in now could leave us well short. We need to extend that contract as a matter of urgency.
Problem is that he knows it and so is his agent...they wouldn't want to be priced out of a move.

How old was John Stones when he first played for us? Just wondering if Jarrad’s ‘extremely young’ or in the same ball park to start for us

…I think he was 19 when he joined.

I remember watching him & then getting 66-1 on him being in the next World Cup squad. He got in the initial squad but was one of two released in the Final Cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.