Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
PSV are miles better than the championship, as are Ajax Feyenoord etc. They are better than us.

He did well there. They had an option of around 15m, but their model is not paying those fees for players.

He did well in Europe too, and is clearly highly rated. It would make no sense to loan him to a championship team. Hes well beyond that level, and frankly we need the players.

If someone comes in with a bid over 20m we can consider it, but if not, we should be giving him his chance, as one of the brightest young CBs out there.
Psv and ajax etc might be better than championship level but Roda jc, go ahead eagles and de graafschaap aren't. Those are the teams he was playing most weeks.

Psv and ajax etc might be better than championship level but Roda jc, go ahead eagles and de graafschaap aren't. Those are the teams he was playing most weeks.

Well hes playing a range of teams, a lot of whom are way above championship teams. And he played in Europe, which again, is miles ahead of the championship.

Ajax got to a CL semi final a couple of years back. AZ Alkmaar, were narrowly beaten by a West Ham team. Theres no way those sides are below the championship.

He has done very well there, and it would be stupid to loan him out again, when our alternative is Michael Keane.

Are Liverpool going to loan Gakpo who came from the same league?

It’s gonna be him and Tarks first choice and we have to pray they stay injury free as the drop off is scary. We ideally need to bring in a left back, right back and a centre back. I see us taking a risk with the right and centre back positions. This will back fire by September as per.

Let's try to put some perspective into this. The majority of the Dutch league is poor. Below championship standard, so it's hard to know exactly how well he performed last season.

PSV apparently didn't take up an option to bid for Branthwaite for around 6 million but I'm not sure how true that is. Some PSV fans also didn't particularly rate him. My hunch says that perhaps he's not cut out to be first choice for a Premier league team based on the evidence.

So there's two options, If Dyche feels he could reach a better level then maybe loan him out in the Championship for a season or two so he can learn and improve, or secondly to sell now while he can command some kind of reasonable fee.
Some of our fans think Pickford is a world beater, some wound happily sell for 60mil. Some say McNeil is great, some say the jury is still out, some say If gray didn’t have pace he’d be in league 1, others think if he got regular game time 🤣 and would play in his right position, he’d get 10 goals and 10 assists next season. It’s called fan opinion

Branthwaite was 19 and not in the PSV team early doors, but forced his way in, had great games in Europe v Arsenal and Seville . Won a cup final v Ajax. Yes it’s still early doors for him. But he’s done everything asked of him at PSV. I’m sure they would have spent 6mil when there was rumours they’d bid 15mil

Some of our fans think Pickford is a world beater, some wound happily sell for 60mil. Some say McNeil is great, some say the jury is still out, some say If gray didn’t have pace he’d be in league 1, others think if he got regular game time 🤣 and would play in his right position, he’d get 10 goals and 10 assists next season. It’s called fan opinion

Branthwaite was 19 and not in the PSV team early doors, but forced his way in, had great games in Europe b Arsenal and Seville . Won a cup final v Ajax. Yes it’s still early doors for him. But he’s done everything asked of him at PSV. I’m sure they would have spent 6mil when there was rumours they’d bid 15mil

There was no 6m release clause.

Branthwaite was 19 and not in the PSV team early doors, but forced his way in, had great games in Europe b Arsenal and Seville . Won a cup final v Ajax. Yes it’s still early doors for him. But he’s done everything asked of him at PSV. I’m sure they would have spent 6mil when there was rumours they’d bid 15mil
Let's just get this clear. I'm not dismissing him at all. But the point I'm making is the premier league is a level up from what he was playing in last season for most of his matches. By all accounts he did OK at PSV. so I'm just saying It would be foolish to think he will automatically be an upgrade on someone like Keane who is a good defender but partial to a mistake

Let's just get this clear. I'm not dismissing him at all. But the point I'm making is the premier league is a level up from what he was playing in last season for most of his matches. By all accounts he did OK at PSV. so I'm just saying It would be foolish to think he will automatically be an upgrade on someone like Keane who is a good defender but partial to a mistake
I’d say more than partial to a mistake. Did he play about 12 games under dyche ? And probably cost us 5/6 goals . And is only decent when we’re defending deep.

I think everyone on this site knows the Dutch league is weaker than the prem, just you throw in comments like the fans don’t rate him and PSV didn’t take up a 6mil option, which obviously isn’t true

I’d say more than partial to a mistake. Did he play about 12 games under dyche ? And probably cost us 5/6 goals . And is only decent when we’re defending deep.

I think everyone on this site knows the Dutch league is weaker than the prem, just you throw in comments like the fans don’t rate him and PSV didn’t take up a 6mil option, which obviously isn’t true
It was on a news website where it said that about the price and secondly andy van der meyde is a psv fan and said he doesn't rate him

Let's try to put some perspective into this. The majority of the Dutch league is poor. Below championship standard, so it's hard to know exactly how well he performed last season.

PSV apparently didn't take up an option to bid for Branthwaite for around 6 million but I'm not sure how true that is. Some PSV fans also didn't particularly rate him. My hunch says that perhaps he's not cut out to be first choice for a Premier league team based on the evidence.

So there's two options, If Dyche feels he could reach a better level then maybe loan him out in the Championship for a season or two so he can learn and improve, or secondly to sell now while he can command some kind of reasonable fee.
I’ve only seen excellent reviews from his time in Holland. He was on the cusp of our team the previous year and will be much improved since.
Im really buzzing about him coming back

Also, I thought psv had offered 15 mil for him ?!

Keep the lad, and get him playing. It's the only way he can improve. Plus, it sends out a message to other youth players to stay at the club, as it will show that if you're good enough, you'll get a chance to play for first-team.

He's going to be a great CB. He is ours and the only way he will go cheap is if he runs his contract down without signing an extension. He needs to be put in the First team, play from the start of next season and offered an extension to his contract early doors. That way we will easily sell him for John Stones money

Status
Not open for further replies.