2021/22 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
He needs game time. Surely a team coming up might fancy loaning him? Or someone who’ll dominate the championship like Norwich?
I never really get why people want players to go on loan to a team who dominates the championship or whatever. It seems a bit like a reflected glory thing, where them playing for a team doing really well means we can crow about how good they obviously are. The key would be for him to get experience at a good level, whether the team comes top or bottom of the championship they’re going to have played the same level of opposition and that’s what matters.

I never really get why people want players to go on loan to a team who dominates the championship or whatever. It seems a bit like a reflected glory thing, where them playing for a team doing really well means we can crow about how good they obviously are. The key would be for him to get experience at a good level, whether the team comes top or bottom of the championship they’re going to have played the same level of opposition and that’s what matters.
Experience playing for a club with the expectation of being on the front foot and the pressure of expecting to regularly win games?

Experience playing for a club with the expectation of being on the front foot and the pressure of expecting to regularly win games?
Do you need to dominate a league for that to be the case? I assume the relevance of that is supposed to be that we will expect to win games and be on the front foot? I don't remember us dominating the league though.

Sign a decent centre half and put Branthwaite next to them, starting every game.

Get him on a 5/6 year new deal first.

I'm convinced this fella will be one of the best centre halfs in the game. We've just got to stick him in a settled defence, next to a decent defender to bring his game on and tell him he's getting a good run in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.