2021/22 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
He i
Pep likes his left footed centre half's...

And there is something very Stones-y about Branthwaite. A bit less polished but more rugged than Stones was.
He isnt actually left footed. He's right footed, but he's one of the most comfortable I've ever seen off his weaker foot, to the point where it's genuinely difficult to tell which is his stronger most of the time.

He i

He isnt actually left footed. He's right footed, but he's one of the most comfortable I've ever seen off his weaker foot, to the point where it's genuinely difficult to tell which is his stronger most of the time.
You sure? Everywhere I look says left footed and I've only ever see him on the left side

Didn't look ready in the games he did feature in last season but he needs regular football now if he's to develop.

A loan to a Championship side chasing promotion would be ideal.

Didn't look ready in the games he did feature in last season but he needs regular football now if he's to develop.

A loan to a Championship side chasing promotion would be ideal.

….he as terrific at Chelsea.

Loans are not always a la, La, land. A manager won’t protect a young player when points are at stake, he might struggle for game time, he might not settle, his teammates might not look after him.

I really rate him he should never played in a relegation run in ,as i once posted.I seen exactly the same tackle he got sent off for ,in the Huddersfield v Forrest game and the player that was tackled got booked for simulation,he as got a lot to learn so should be played sparingly.

I really rate him he should never played in a relegation run in ,as i once posted.I seen exactly the same tackle he got sent off for ,in the Huddersfield v Forrest game and the player that was tackled got booked for simulation,he as got a lot to learn so should be played sparingly.

….I don’t think that’s a sending off in years to come.

When a forward crosses in front of a defender legs tangle & it’s a free kick but it’s something that happens. I never understand why a player can be red carded or even yellow carded if what happens is accidental. It’s not reckless, it’s not on purpose, it’s a football incident.

i hope VAR makes these situations more black and white, less room for interpretation, a level playing field.

Last edited:
….he as terrific at Chelsea.

Loans are not always a la, La, land. A manager won’t protect a young player when points are at stake, he might struggle for game time, he might not settle, his teammates might not look after him.

All very good points mate, but I don't think throwing him in at the deep end early next season would be the sensible thing. We need to get off to a good start (fixtures will obviously play a part in that) because a slow start would put Lampard under loads of pressure.

Perhaps 3rd choice? Being honestly though I really want us to sign two CBs this summer whilst shipping at least two out. Fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.