January transfer window 2024

No mate, not at all, to be honest I wouldn't want any of them. I was just making the point that Werner flopped badly when he was last here, so this does not constitute a quality loan signing imo. I would rather we start to bring Chermitti through.
Doucoure flopped under Lampard though...

All about the positions, systems and instructions a player is given.

For me, Werner is a player who is lightening fast (IIRC) - Don't know if he'd work in our system, but that option to buy with a half season loan, it's a fantastic deal for Spurs to get a really good look at him in the squad to see if it works.

Garner was the last. i do get what you mean though, and hopefully when we actually have some spending money to lash out Thelwell will have a few candidates lined up? I genuinely long to the days when we brought in players most hadn’t heard of who turned out to be cracker's!
I think Thelwell has done really well in transfers, not perfect but no one ever is.

Werner is a good player, TBH not the type of player that would suit a Dyche side, not big enough to be the focal no. 9 and doesn`t work hard enough playing in the wide areas but the point remains, when was the last time we bought a player and thought "how di we get him for that price?" I seem to be saying that about pretty much every other club....

i.e. Brighton are buying an Argentinian kid from Boca in a deal for £9m... When was the last time we paid under £15-£20m for someone even half useful?
Don't think anyone on here would/could argue that we have wasted so much money over the past 10 years on players but to be fair recently we have been a lot better with player recruitment like the below that have been under 20m.

McNeil
Garner
Mykolenko
Tarkowski

And players like Branthwaite coming on after being bought on the cheap. But agree that we need to keep picking out these type of players, Under the era of Moyes this was the norm and hopefully the days of spending stupid money on the Iwobi's, Bolasies's of the world are gone. Which given FFP we are forced to anyway.

Don't think anyone on here would/could argue that we have wasted so much money over the past 10 years on players but to be fair recently we have been a lot better with player recruitment like the below that have been under 20m.

McNeil
Garner
Mykolenko
Tarkowski

And players like Branthwaite coming on after being bought on the cheap. But agree that we need to keep picking out these type of players, Under the era of Moyes this was the norm and hopefully the days of spending stupid money on the Iwobi's, Bolasies's of the world are gone. Which given FFP we are forced to anyway.
I agree and hopefully Thelwell will be more pragmatic and a hard negotiator going forward, as well as that though we also need more from the academy and the quality coming from there... and that is something I think he has been re-structuring in the back ground.

Apologies, I touched on a few topics there.