January transfer window 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Werner is a good player, TBH not the type of player that would suit a Dyche side, not big enough to be the focal no. 9 and doesn`t work hard enough playing in the wide areas but the point remains, when was the last time we bought a player and thought "how di we get him for that price?" I seem to be saying that about pretty much every other club....

i.e. Brighton are buying an Argentinian kid from Boca in a deal for £9m... When was the last time we paid under £15-£20m for someone even half useful?
Garner was the last. i do get what you mean though, and hopefully when we actually have some spending money to lash out Thelwell will have a few candidates lined up? I genuinely long to the days when we brought in players most hadn’t heard of who turned out to be cracker's!

Hmm

So you quoted his scoring at Chelsea yet show stats from Germany? Getting off my point, if he does do well at Spurs most like you will be "don`t believe they got him for that price".

We have THE most snobbery fanbase when it comes to transfers...

Garner was the last. i do get what you mean though, and hopefully when we actually have some spending money to lash out Thelwell will have a few candidates lined up? I genuinely long to the days when we brought in players most hadn’t heard of who turned out to be cracker's!
I agree, the issue I think is the domestic market, players abroad are a lot cheaper in terms of transfer fees and wages, these days you aren`t picking up a Tim Cahill for £2m or Baines for £4m etc, these clubs now want big money.

So you quoted his scoring at Chelsea yet show stats from Germany? Getting off my point, if he does do well at Spurs most like you will be "don`t believe they got him for that price".

You keep changing the argument

and if he fails will you admit you're chatting wham on a sunday morning?

and if he fails will you admit you're chatting wham on a sunday morning?
Yes, of course... it`s just opinions at this stage.

My point wasn`t around Timo Werner it was around how much Everton would pay for a player like that compared with the deals Spurs get. When was the last time you really thought Everton got a good player at a good price, as a poster quite rightly said just now James Garner but they are very few and far between.

Half decent less than 15m

Branthwaite
Tarkowski
Garner
Coleman
Calvert-Lewin

that’s current squad, half decent and <15m

Yeah I agree, all of them are decent...

But that is a very small sample size if you think we`ve signed 153 since 2009 when Coleman came in.

This is my view that for every Brathwaite there is a Tosun, Klassen, Gbamin & Moise Kean. So much money wasted by this club which everyone knows, hopefully the reset in the summer will put us back on the right track.

Source : https://www.efcstatto.com/transfers/

Yeah I agree, all of them are decent...

But that is a very small sample size if you think we`ve signed 153 since 2009 when Coleman came in.

This is my view that for every Brathwaite there is a Tosun, Klassen, Gbamin & Moise Kean. So much money wasted by this club which everyone knows, hopefully the reset in the summer will put us back on the right track.

Source : https://www.efcstatto.com/transfers/
Would like to see what we got back for moise kean regarding loan fees and final transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.