January transfer window 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two reasons to sell
1) manager doesnt see the upside of keeping them (e.g. Davies, Coady, Townsend)
2) offer is too good to refuse (e.g. Gordon, Richy)

I don't see many leaving in January either, but in the summer....

#1 - Gana, Danjuma, Godfrey, Keane, Patterson

#2 - Onana, Branthwaite, DCL, Pickford, Garner ..

.... all possible
With contracts expiring and loans returning, we have around 14/15 First team players next Summer.

We need serious money to spend.

Buy and send out on loan would have been sensible business, but it is us and the bunch of clowns running us dont have any clue

Why would he accept that, he may as well go to Dortmund and get a massive signing fee and take the same route as his brother and sancho

Pickford is our most sellable asset but im not sure were he goes if he stays in the PL?
Spurs maybe?

Chelsea or United.

A fit and on form DCL is effective but that's very rare, if he became available im sure a few clubs would be interested but doubt many would be willing to go North of 25-30m if any, again because of his injury record.

Im sure we value him a lot more than that.

Depends on his contract and fitness situation. He looked absolutely finished not long ago.

Aalong way now between Jan and the summer mate - if hes playing week in week out or even 20+ games, there will be interest. If his fitness is proven we would accept 40 mill + heavily incentivised appearance payments as accelerators and that will be an acceptable deal for someone, ive no doubt. I think he's worth more to us then that though.

Ultimately though i think we are coming to the brinkmanship and a tipping point with DCL, its the next saga - given his contract, likely interest and our need for money. Hes low hanging fruit - more so then Pickford IMO.

How long would it take to prove his fitness?

Perhaps another season? By which time his contract is up

Still think be onana then others will have a price if teams pay it. Maybe more youth team players to be sold

Its possible but why sell any first team u23s?

We have so many out of contract this and next summer so the wages will massively drop off.

Two reasons to sell
1) manager doesnt see the upside of keeping them (e.g. Davies, Coady, Townsend)
2) offer is too good to refuse (e.g. Gordon, Richy)

I don't see many leaving in January either, but in the summer....

#1 - Gana, Danjuma, Godfrey, Keane, Patterson

#2 - Onana, Branthwaite, DCL, Pickford, Garner ..

.... all possible

3rd option: Age (Pickford) or Injury (DCL).

Cash in on both to mitigate any risk.

Chelsea or United.

Depends on his contract and fitness situation. He looked absolutely finished not long ago.

How long would it take to prove his fitness?

Perhaps another season? By which time his contract is up

Its possible but why sell any first team u23s?

We have so many out of contract this and next summer so the wages will massively drop off.

3rd option: Age (Pickford) or Injury (DCL).

Cash in on both to mitigate any risk.

Think everyone has a price at the club now if a club meets what we want they will go

I suppose the January window may really be down to if 777 get approved before then, and how well the team does in the run-up. No doubt they are hoping that the team is well clear and looking solid and they don't have to spend anything. If not, I can see them getting 1 player on loan and 1 cheap purchase to shore up full back and CB depth. Or you try and loan a star winger whos been getting no playing time at one of the top clubs to go with your two loanee wingers.

And no doubt, the summer plan will be to try and sign a couple players on frees, get a couple of loans, and only have to purchase 1-2 players to fill out the rest of the needs.

Pickford is our most sellable asset but im not sure were he goes if he stays in the PL?
Spurs maybe?
I’m not Pickfords biggest fan but he does seem very happy and settled here. I almost think he doesn’t want to leave. He plays every game, he is Englands 1st choice goalkeeper, he has a 54k seater, world class stadium to go and play in, I think he’s here to stay unless Everton get a silly offer.

I’m not Pickfords biggest fan but he does seem very happy and settled here. I almost think he doesn’t want to leave. He plays every game, he is Englands 1st choice goalkeeper, he has a 54k seater, world class stadium to go and play in, I think he’s here to stay unless Everton get a silly offer.

Whats a silly offer for a keeper turning 30 in march?

Zat told me they were free cos no cash down or something.

Fake news.

Ah yes, like McNeil and Maupay still only cost us £4m.

Fake news.

Status
Not open for further replies.