January transfer window 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well James garner was half
the price And was an integral part of forest getting promoted.
This kid has done nothing yet,
22mil is ridiculous

22 including add ons …. Garner was 15 including add ons wasn’t he?

Also I would wager that we would make money on garner ?

So kind of proves my point doesn’t it? That we should be recruiting from the championship?

Lookman cost 11m from league 1 didn’t he? He wasn’t exactly a massive success but we still made money

A midfielder or a wide player on loan would be huge if we can get one over the line, it's at a point were we just need bodies if anything.

Don't think anyone will arrive though, but also don't think anyone important will leave so small mercies and all that.

22 including add ons …. Garner was 15 including add ons wasn’t he?

Also I would wager that we would make money on garner ?

So kind of proves my point doesn’t it? That we should be recruiting from the championship?

Lookman cost 11m from league 1 didn’t he? He wasn’t exactly a massive success but we still made money
I have no issue recruiting from the lower leagues. But not at that price for someone at his level at the minute, you could probably get the winger from Norwich for 25mil raising to 30 and he’s smashing it.
I’ve seen 9 mil for garner raising to 15 and 11mil raising to 15 so who knows, but he was good value

How much possession of the ball do you get sitting on the bench?

Maybe Big Bad Dyche is a factor, but if someone would rather twiddle their thumbs than go play some footy for a few months even if- gasp!- they might need to work hard and run about, then that attitude probably explains why they are warming their clubs benches in the first place.
Does he get in the team ahead of Garner , Onana or Gana ? No

So he sits on the bench and that's where he will remain because Dino doesn't do subs.

If I was him I'd hold out for a team that played football .

I have no issue recruiting from the lower leagues. But not at that price for someone at his level at the minute, you could probably get the winger from Norwich for 25mil raising to 30 and he’s smashing it.
I’ve seen 9 mil for garner raising to 15 and 11mil raising to 15 so who knows, but he was good value
The lad at Plymouth, Whittaker , would be a great signing if we passed the ball.

Dyche only wants physical players though.

The winger from Norwich? So the player who’s name you don’t even know, have probably never seen play but are convinced you know how much he will sell for?

Don’t Leeds want 40m for Summerville?
35m for gnoto ?

Also palace don’t need wingers ..

if you don’t want to buy highly rated championship players for “ that price “ that leaves us signing more expensive , higher risk players . This is what has gotten us into this situation .

Or you can go for 15m players like Maupay or top 6 fringe players like Morgan, Walcott etc that cost over 20mil anyway and usually loose all motivation when they “ step down” to a club like us

Sort of hope we string out the loaning of Holgate to Sheff United and Godfrey to Leeds all day, then PL notices tomorrow morning that Kev signed the deal sheets as Mickey Mouse. (Then check when the Turkish window closes)

Mentioned on Toffee TV but I’d thought of this before; if we are keeping Godfrey as utility, Seamus and Young are back, and the staff have ANY doubts about Patto, why isn’t he sold or at least loaned out to see if he can develop? Am saying that as someone who hasn’t written him off. But I’d be ok with abandoning the sensible long term strategy of amassing young players one last time……
Agree, he’s looking for ways not to play Patterson so get him out on loan, either for development or a shop window. I still think there’s decent potential there but he’s not making much progress in and out of the team.

The winger from Norwich? So the player who’s name you don’t even know, have probably never seen play but are convinced you know how much he will sell for?

Don’t Leeds want 40m for Summerville?
35m for gnoto ?

Also palace don’t need wingers ..

if you don’t want to buy highly rated championship players for “ that price “ that leaves us signing more expensive , higher risk players . This is what has gotten us into this situation .

Or you can go for 15m players like Maupay or top 6 fringe players like Morgan, Walcott etc that cost over 20mil anyway and usually loose all motivation when they “ step down” to a club like us
Its just such a basic way of looking at things we need to scout good players and get them for the right amounts of money it doesn't matter where they come from some players bought from the championship are good some are embarrassingly bad just the same as other types of transfers but people latch on to one or two examples of successes and repeat them forever as if thats whats bound to happen with every other player.

Its just such a basic way of looking at things we need to scout good players and get them for the right amounts of money it doesn't matter where they come from some players bought from the championship are good some are embarrassingly bad just the same as other types of transfers but people latch on to one or two examples of successes and repeat them forever as if thats whats bound to happen with every other player.

Mate … name me one big money signing that has been a financial success or even a success on the pitch . other than lukaku .. who wasn’t actually that big a signing as far as fee. ( bolasie, Richy, siggy, iwobi all cost more than him) all of our best players have been players with hunger , their best years in front of them and with a point to prove .

You say “ one or two successes”

Lescott
Arteta
Cahill
Baines
Stones
Brathwaite
Jags

All came from lower leagues and gave us our best team we have had in the prem.

It’s all good saying we have to scout and identify players but we clearly do not have a network to do that at this stage .

We need to get our heads above water fast , and recruiting hungry , young players is the safest and fastest way to do it

Status
Not open for further replies.