January transfer window 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashley young will be our next signing after releasing him on July 1st and then signing him in the last day of the summer window
I’d respond with a laughing emoji if it weren’t for a fact that there’s a fair chance of this actually happening lol

Are there no 38 year olds we can sign?
Fellaini 36
Gervinho 36
Lewis Grabban 36
Hatem Ben Arfa 36
Scott Dann 36
Papiss Cisse 38
Ryan Babbel 37
Claudio Yacob 36
Frazier Campbell 36
Colin Kazim Richards 37
Richard Keogh 37

All with PL experience, all would not be our oldest player in our squad, great for the dressing room!

By the way, now that we are here! I probably said hte opposite when we were winning a few games.....but

How bad was our transfer window?

Beto £25m - Genuinelly not seen a worse footballer play up front for Everton (i just missed Brett Angel)
Chermiti £12m - Barely used
Ashley Young £0
Jack Harrison Loan - Seeing Andros Townsend reminded me that he's not even as good as Townsend
Arnaut Danjuma Loan (£3m) - Can't even get a game when McNeil is blatantly not fit and out of form!

Everyone praising our lack of spend in the summer, but we still have to pay for Beto at some point, which we have massively over paid for him!

By the way, now that we are here! I probably said hte opposite when we were winning a few games.....but

How bad was our transfer window?

Beto £25m - Genuinelly not seen a worse footballer play up front for Everton (i just missed Brett Angel)
Chermiti £12m - Barely used
Ashley Young £0
Jack Harrison Loan - Seeing Andros Townsend reminded me that he's not even as good as Townsend
Arnaut Danjuma Loan (£3m) - Can't even get a game when McNeil is blatantly not fit and out of form!

Everyone praising our lack of spend in the summer, but we still have to pay for Beto at some point, which we have massively over paid for him!
I don’t think Chemiti is a bad signing. Think he was bought for a few years down the line and £12m is one of those fees that you can recoup. Don’t think he was meant to be in the squad this season.

Unfortunately we have had issues upfront and he has then not been playing as have 2 senior strikers but also missing out on mins with U21s due to being in the senior squad.

Young could have been a decent signing if he wasn’t being shoved in as a starter.

I do think we should have kept Townsend.

Danjuma was pointless and a waste. I think most could see it wouldn’t work.

The jury is still out on Beto for me.

I don’t think Chemiti is a bad signing. Think he was bought for a few years down the line and £12m is one of those fees that you can recoup. Don’t think he was meant to be in the squad this season.

Unfortunately we have had issues upfront and he has then not been playing as have 2 senior strikers but also missing out on mins with U21s due to being in the senior squad.

Young could have been a decent signing if he wasn’t being shoved in as a starter.

I do think we should have kept Townsend.

Danjuma was pointless and a waste. I think most could see it wouldn’t work.

The jury is still out on Beto for me.
With money so tight as it is! Does it make sence to waste £12m on a lad who isn't first team ready?

230 pages you utter lizards.

You’re not scouts and there’s no virtue fetishing over young lads on the internet.

Close this thread please it’s a stain on GOT.

I am still stupid enough to think we can get somebody in. Most of it is hope more than anything, would expect this from the club after the last jan window. Atleast only few days then we kno what we will have to work with

I am still stupid enough to think we can get somebody in. Most of it is hope more than anything, would expect this from the club after the last jan window. Atleast only few days then we kno what we will have to work with

The good news is if we can't get anyone else in, we can't waste money on even more tat.

It's win win as far as I'm concerned!

Status
Not open for further replies.