January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

1250632.jpg

That's crazy isn't it? You'd think one of the biggest, richest professional football institutions in the country would have an extensive, worldwide scouting network. But then again, you'd think the same institution would consider itself a centre of excellence, where only the the very best footballers available would represent the first team.
Different models, and they take time to implement. Sevilla have been the gold standard over the last 15 years in terms of successfully recruiting for a winning side and they have few scouts, and all of them based in Spain.

Brighton have spent 5 years putting together a global scouting model that has resulted in a 9th placed finish last year after 5 years in the league. Lets see if it is sustainable and can be scaled up to make them a consistent top half side.

I think that’s fair Dave.

It'll get out of hand. And the rage will be justified.

I think we'd have the scenario where the board could never attend a match again and the owner in exile in Monaco would have to dismiss them and put in place a group of puppets to keep the ship afloat until a sale in the summer.

All would be lost at that stage anyway so it'll make no difference.

Of course, if we get a couple of strikers in the next 12 hours then that's not a scenario I'd support being unfolded.

Status
Not open for further replies.