January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had Danjuma through the door though. That deal was done with all parties and it was a small loan fee. But yes we don't have a lot of money.

I wasn't expecting big £ spent on signings early doors. But you still have time to make things work well in advance. The areas to prioritise were clear.

There's no excuse. I'm not ignoring the reality of it. It's their job to get deals done. And it ultimately runs from the incompetence of the board (Bill Kenwright having sign off on all deals).

And people keep saying 'the targets have changed' because of Dyche, yet Sulemana was actually an alternative to Danjuma, who was coming in under Lampard. So it's nonsense.

Put it another way, do you think there's any chance whatsoever that we'd be offering actual money for Sulemana if the Gordon deal hadn't happened?

The club might have been able to get a loan deal or two done (hence the Danjuma thing) and that's fine because the budget allowed for it and it's lower risk if you change manager, but affordable loans for players who clearly improve us haven't been in plentiful supply that I've noticed this month

All I keep getting told by people who work in recruitment is that Thelwell and the recruitment team simply can't be blamed, because it's 'just so difficult' when the manager has changed.

Yes, changing manager late in the window doesn't help, especially when the two main candidates had such differing styles.

But it's been clear what has been required now since September 1st. There's zero, zero excuse for not having had players through the door well before Lampard got sacked.

Thelwell gets some protection for a fella whose done... nothing

100%. And it keeps happening. We need to sack every toothless weakling withing the leadership of the club - they keep getting us into worse and worse situations and are to meak to deal with it.
When every person that comes in gets the same result you have to look at what the common denominator is.

The money launderer
The 77 year old out of touch theater boy
And the EITC director

As a club we have 4 active scouts
Brighton have 28 .......just let that sink in

That's crazy isn't it? You'd think one of the biggest, richest professional football institutions in the country would have an extensive, worldwide scouting network. But then again, you'd think the same institution would consider itself a centre of excellence, where only the the very best footballers available would represent the first team.

Status
Not open for further replies.