January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

All I keep getting told by people who work in recruitment is that Thelwell and the recruitment team simply can't be blamed, because it's 'just so difficult' when the manager has changed.

Yes, changing manager late in the window doesn't help, especially when the two main candidates had such differing styles.

But it's been clear what has been required now since September 1st. There's zero, zero excuse for not having had players through the door well before Lampard got sacked.

All I keep getting told by people who work in recruitment is that Thelwell and the recruitment team simply can't be blamed, because it's 'just so difficult' when the manager has changed.

Yes, changing manager late in the window doesn't help, especially when the two main candidates had such differing styles.

But it's been clear what has been required now since September 1st. There's zero, zero excuse for not having had players through the door well before Lampard got sacked.

With you Toff, there is literally no excuse for this.

Managers shouldn't matter, the DoF and recruitment team know what's needed, they need to get it.

Brighton, Southampton, Wolves, Bournemouth don't have this issue.

Not sure if thas already been shared but tall Paul has the whiff of the oumars about him

This fella has “cult legend” written all over him. Get him in, he scores 6 vital yet hilariously bad goals for us before May, we stay up, then we sell him to Càdiz or someone in the summer.

We’ll still be singing songs about him in 20 years time.

Status
Not open for further replies.