January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
so will we only spend the 40ml? you know what if we go down we’re f d
Loads of factors to take into account-

Which division will we be in next season? Risk/reward of investing now, if we invest 200M and go down we would be in a horrendous position cashflow-wise next year.

How much cash can the business afford to spend now (i.e. down payments)

Can they get players on loan with an obligation?

All we can do is guess... But I suspect they will spend 20M on a centre forward then the rest loans... if any long term targets are available (younger players) then they might go that route at the same time...

The DoF's job is to implement the overall strategy of the club...

A HoR still hasn't been officially hired in 11years Thelwell has been here and apparently the one who is getting the job is an internal promotion, which makes even less sense.
I am very definitely  not a member of 'Team Director of Football'...

If I'm to get the sack on the back of my results - I don't want some Blert in the Liver Building picking my players for me, then telling me...

You're The Coach - So Coach them.

Loads of factors to take into account-

Which division will we be in next season? Risk/reward of investing now, if we invest 200M and go down we would be in a horrendous position cashflow-wise next year.

How much cash can the business afford to spend now (i.e. down payments)

Can they get players on loan with an obligation?

All we can do is guess... But I suspect they will spend 20M on a centre forward then the rest loans... if any long term targets are available (younger players) then they might go that route at the same time...

so what do you think risk not risk? and staying up?

so what do you think risk not risk? and staying up?
No idea to be honest mate. I'd be disappointed if they didn't bring in 3 good quality players, two that go straight into the side and another that gives us more strength in depth going forward... Whether that's three loans or spending 120M I don't really care, but we need quality that can have an instant impact and hit the ground running.

Status
Not open for further replies.