January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Villa, Wolves, Fulham and West Ham all have higher net spend in the last 5 years than us - why can't we spend?

I actually reckon Moshiri is keeping the purse closed until he can sell the club.
Did they sell more too? Lower wages is a big factor and our turnover of managers and staff cost a lot

That’s the theory around DofF but that should see us recruiting managers who have a similar philosophy. Does the follow when allegedly Martinez and dyche are on a shortlist? They couldn’t be more different
But that is the issue with us, the DoF is not in charge of the footballing matters, our board simply just refuses to stay out of team affairs and they want the final say on everything. Other clubs just let their managerial team get on with it.

Villa, Wolves, Fulham and West Ham all have higher net spend in the last 5 years than us - why can't we spend?

I actually reckon Moshiri is keeping the purse closed until he can sell the club.
But if a catch 22 if that’s the case as a lot of the value in a sale would come from Everton being a premier league club. Drop down a league and the value goes down with it.

Net spend takes into account spent and received fees. I'd imagine Villa and West Ham's wage bills wouldn't be too dissimilar to ours.
ah yea, apologies, didn't read 'net'
Villa and West Ham probably similar now, with their more recent investment and us offloading some freeloaders but I remember seeing a couple of years back we had the 7th highest
Still a fair point though... somehow we breached ffp somewhere though

If Everton signed Danny Ings and played 2 upfront with Dominic Calvert-Lewin, we’d stay up.

Not going to happen though…

Depends if you think this would keep us up.

Ings Calvert-Lewin
Iwobi
Gana Onana
Myko Tarkowski Coady Godfrey Coleman
Pickford

Patterson is injured again and I personally think you would need someone more attacking to replace Mykolenko. So we would need to find money for both Ings and a left wing back who is competent going forward. If we move to a back 4 and 2 up front we would just get walked all over in midfield. If we went narrow in midfield we would have the same problem as the 5 at the back with the fullbacks inability to produce in the final third.

Everything is taken into account isn’t it, including wages, turnover etc

We’ve only really shifted the main majority of wages last summer which was a huge outgoing of ours.

Everything is taken into account isn’t it, including wages, turnover etc

We’ve only really shifted the main majority of wages last summer which was a huge outgoing of ours.

Possibly yeah but West Ham have 2x higher net spend over 5 years vs us. Be interesting to see if they do any business this month but I suppose they're banking on getting £100m for Declan Rice in the summer.

I like the 2 up front shout for the rest of the season but we have tried the 3/5 at the back formattion a few times over the past couple of seasons and been ripped a new one at the back or failed to score. If its 2 up front then it needs to be 4 at the back and play around with the midfield setup.
352/532

Possibly yeah but West Ham have 2x higher net spend over 5 years vs us. Be interesting to see if they do any business this month but I suppose they're banking on getting £100m for Declan Rice in the summer.
Moyes has said they won't be due to the money they spent in the summer, also he might get an extra few weeks himself with the recent death of Gold as I'm sure the club is going to want to do some sort of tribute for him. Don't think much will happen with them tbh

If we have no money and very clearly lack quality and numbers in attacking areas - it really does make you wonder what on earth the Garner signing was all about.
Mind-blowing really. We handed out 8 million for a 5th choice midfielder having already signed 2 that window. And he was injured and completely unfit. Just don't get the thinking if money is that tight

Chelsea is looking to loan David fofana out, a striker that they just bought....not be surprised if he ends up here. Hopefully not as we should not encourage that type of behaviour in football. For me any first team player bought shouldn't allow to leave on loan for at least a year...this is worst that any ffp regulation...

Status
Not open for further replies.