January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with that fact as well. But even other clubs in those leagues couldn't hope to replicate either of those 2. Ajax with their reputation of being the club and Salzburg with their RB scouting infrastructure/handouts. That paired with the fact they get to play in europe every single season means you can't just copy them in an actual competitive league.

That's without even getting into work permits
Most clubs these days have some sort of link/satellite club they can send players too so they can get about this. We don't. It's a big bugbear for me and I think it's something that should have been in place long before Moshiri showed up. It's just another example of why our recruitment setup is so poor.

Most clubs these days have some sort of link/satellite club they can send players too so they can get about this. We don't. It's a big bugbear for me and I think it's something that should have been in place long before Moshiri showed up. It's just another example of why our recruitment setup is so poor.
I agree the Ajax model wouldn't work for us but clubs like Brighton have much better scouting. They identify players who fit their style of play and who have upside and who they can develop and sell on, it's why they are now quite a bit ahead of us despite the fact they've been in the league much less time. We have both a lack of imagination with our signings and partly because we have churned through so many managers we don't buy to a style of play Maupay is quite symbol for buying for the wrong style of play. He is technically a decent player but used to playing in a fluid passing formation we lash him up front in a team geared up for a target man.

It’s a tough one, you want someone who is a good coach, with a specific philosophy, similar to ours. While you’d want a club with stability that won’t sack the manager every few months or abandon young players if they aren’t under the kosh, but competitive enough to test the players.
Yeah it would need to be in somewhere like Belgium or Denmark or Holland, one of those types of countries. We have sent Branthwaite to PSV but he has only started a handful of games, it's why I'm slightly wary about the calls for sending Cannon on loan. You just can't force another manager to play these lads tbh.

Honestly, we can sign anyone - as long as he is a Striker or Wide Forward who scores many goals for us.
We have history of signing in form players and proceed to really suck for us. I'm completely lukewarm to whoever we are being linked to - even Kudus.

I think Newcastle are the mostly likely for Rigg although the RS do love giving out brown envelopes do you couldn’t rule them out.
Chris rigg is a massive Newcastle fan so I can’t see him go anywhere else but Newcastle.
The lad is supposed to be a unbelievable talent

I agree the Ajax model wouldn't work for us but clubs like Brighton have much better scouting. They identify players who fit their style of play and who have upside and who they can develop and sell on, it's why they are now quite a bit ahead of us despite the fact they've been in the league much less time. We have both a lack of imagination with our signings and partly because we have churned through so many managers we don't buy to a style of play Maupay is quite symbol for buying for the wrong style of play. He is technically a decent player but used to playing in a fluid passing formation we lash him up front in a team geared up for a target man.
Brighton don't even just use there system for the players, They had already used it to plan for there next manager before they had ever even lost 'Potter'.
There is no guarantees it will work every time, but they won't ever get stuck in the manager/player overhaul rollercoaster that we've been stuck on.

God, it makes me jealous just writing it ?

Brighton don't even just use there system for the players, They had already used it to plan for there next manager before they had ever even lost 'Potter'.
There is no guarantees it will work every time, but they won't ever get stuck in the manager/player overhaul rollercoaster that we've been stuck on.

God, it makes me jealous just writing it ?
Brighton will be back in The Championship within 2 seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.