January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a good winger under Martinez. He has scored 15 and assisted 11 since start of last season. But we would probably go for Trarore with 2 goals and 0 assists.,
Think it will be more similar to rich a striker who xan play out wide just dont see traore sny diiferent to gray gordon with no end product. Thats what i hope

Bit of a stat overload but it puts some things into perspetive the ongoing decline we are seeing.

Our goals per game has been on a downward spiral for 10 years.

We averaged 1.5 goals per game from 2012 to 2016.
1.1 per game since 2016.
Now sitting at 0.7 goals per game this season.

Only 2 goals from strikers this season.

In 4 seasons Lukaku scored 68 goals and accounted for 35% of our total goals. But we saw goals from midfield and defence.
In the 2019 season Richarlson and Calvert Lewin scored (26) 60% of our goals.
Felliani was top scorer when we finished 6th!

So not only do we not have strikers who are playing/scoring we do not have other players in Midfield and Defence who can contribute enough.
We have sold all creative players and have no decent set peice taker in the squad.

In 2 out of the past 10 seasons the lowest top scorer was on 10 goals.

This season we are miles away from any player hitting double figures.

The failure to recruit strikers/attacking goalscorers above any other squad player in the past few seasons is suicidle.
And yes I do after that cheers have a nice weekend

De Ketelaere / Kamada / Tsygankov
The only one of those that might come here is Kamada, been linked enough with him recently to suggest that there maybe something in it. What I would say is that all the reports I have read were talking about a free transfer at the end of the season. No chance on the other 2 imo.

The only one of those that might come here is Kamada, been linked enough with him recently to suggest that there maybe something in it. What I would say is that all the reports I have read were talking about a free transfer at the end of the season. No chance on the other 2 imo.

Yeah linked heavily.

I think Milan may be open to a money back deal and also Tsygankov could be an option as we have Mykolenko.

Pickfords deal expires in 2024...could it be time to sell him and bring in Bazunu from Southampton?

Kamada looks like a right baller. Throw a decent contract his way, then throw Frankfurt a penny to get him in Jan.

Add a wide forward/play maker and a CF in January, I really like DCL, I always have, but we need a replacement for him, or at least a forward of the same standard, ideally in the same mould and we’d be safe.

With DCL if he was fit for the season I’d be confident of him getting 10-15 league goals, but it’s not an option we can really rely on any more.

Whatever we do, no more Maupays or McNeils types.

Yeah linked heavily.

I think Milan may be open to a money back deal and also Tsygankov could be an option as we have Mykolenko.

Pickfords deal expires in 2024...could it be time to sell him and bring in Bazunu from Southampton?
Be a sideways step these days wouldn’t it..?

Yeah linked heavily.

Tsygankov could be an option i think we could get another gk bazunu not worth money they would want

It's all going to hinge on sales.

We need sales to create space to register any new faces.

We need sales to clear some space on the payroll for new faces.

We need sales to balance the books (in terms of profit and loss) to bring in new faces.

So Kean, Keane, Mina, Gomes and Rondon all need to be found new homes in January. For each one of those who DOESN'T get sold in January, we probably need to shift one of the following: Holgate, Davies, Doucoure.

Added to that is the conundrum of what to do with the players who are approaching contract expiry in summer '23 and summer '24, some of whom are already listed above.

Players I hope we're speaking to include:
Tsygankov
Thuram
Ndicka
Kamada

But we'd need five departures to facilitate bringing in those four.

Status
Not open for further replies.