January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of a stat overload but it puts some things into perspetive the ongoing decline we are seeing.

Our goals per game has been on a downward spiral for 10 years.

We averaged 1.5 goals per game from 2012 to 2016.
1.1 per game since 2016.
Now sitting at 0.7 goals per game this season.

Only 2 goals from strikers this season.

In 4 seasons Lukaku scored 68 goals and accounted for 35% of our total goals. But we saw goals from midfield and defence.
In the 2019 season Richarlson and Calvert Lewin scored (26) 60% of our goals.
Felliani was top scorer when we finished 6th!

So not only do we not have strikers who are playing/scoring we do not have other players in Midfield and Defence who can contribute enough.
We have sold all creative players and have no decent set peice taker in the squad.

In 2 out of the past 10 seasons the lowest top scorer was on 10 goals.

This season we are miles away from any player hitting double figures.

The failure to recruit strikers/attacking goalscorers above any other squad player in the past few seasons is suicidle.

Bit of a stat overload but it puts some things into perspetive the ongoing decline we are seeing.

Our goals per game has been on a downward spiral for 10 years.

We averaged 1.5 goals per game from 2012 to 2016.
1.1 per game since 2016.
Now sitting at 0.7 goals per game this season.
The Roberto effect.

We have sold all creative players and have no decent set peice taker in the squad.

The failure to recruit strikers/attacking goalscorers above any other squad player in the past few seasons is suicidle.
Garner?

I agree. Apart from Richarlison, the club has failed to lure or take a gamble on strikers, believing no doubt that Calvert-Lewin could do it on the cheap for them. Even when Moshiri was spending big that was true.

The Roberto effect.

Garner?

I agree. The club has failed to lure or take a gamble on players, believing no doubt that Calvert-Lewin could do it on the cheap for them. Even when Moshiri was spending big that was true.
I think you need two or three regular goal scorers and others to chip in we have relied on one then been shocked when that one gets injured, like we didn't have the last eighteen months as evidence that he would be unavailable. Maupay and Mcneil strike me as squad players, Maupay in particular doesn't fit the style of the team. They should have invested that money in one or two difference makers with pace. The club is both risk averse and complacent at once

I think you need two or three regular goal scorers and others to chip in we have relied on one then been shocked when that one gets injured, like we didn't have the last eighteen months as evidence that he would be unavailable. Maupay and Mcneil strike me as squad players, Maupay in particular doesn't fit the style of the team. They should have invested that money in one or two difference makers with pace. The club is both risk averse and complacent at once

If January comes around and we end it with another attacker in and talk about Calvert-Lewin and (eventually) Townsend's return from injury, we're finished in this division. That's thinking like a Burnley or some such yo-yo club.

They know what they have to do if they're serious about retaining our top flight status: two in at least. The manager wanted Kudus and Brereton-Diaz in the summer and they didn;t get them for him, now we're paying for that false economy. They have one throw of the dice left, because what we have + one more in = almost certain relegation.

If January comes around and we end it with another attacker in and talk about Calvert-Lewin and (eventually) Townsend's return from injury, we're finished in this division. That's thinking like a Burnley or some such yo-yo club.

They know what they have to do if they're serious about retaining our top flight status: two in at least. The manager wanted Kudus and Brereton-Diaz in the summer and they didn;t get them for him, now we're paying for that false economy. They have one throw of the dice left, because what we have + one more in = almost certain relegation.
You do realise we named a 25 man squad in September.

So if you want 2 In, we need 2 Out.

Agree we need a goal scorer who can play up front on his own and a wide forward who can create and score, they both need pace. We don't get both we are bang in trouble.

I dont think we have a vast number of saleable players, personally, of course it can be done, the CB area would be where I would be looking, we currently have 6, granted a few are injured.
We have two loan slots though we could loan or punt a few (Rondon, Keane, Davies, Holgate, Doucs are all candidates).

Agree we need a goal scorer who can play up front on his own and a wide forward who can create and score, they both need pace. We don't get both we are bang in trouble.
We had a good winger under Martinez. He has scored 15 and assisted 11 since start of last season. But we would probably go for Trarore with 2 goals and 0 assists.,

Status
Not open for further replies.