January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shaw seems to have had talks
Gallagher isnt a regular
Maguire being made available

Havent watched much football this season so not sure who could be effective from the English group.

Perhaps Tammy Abraham from Roma? Experience under Lampard and seems to hit the net.

…in terms of prioritisation, I can only see us buying players who are effective in the top third.

Gallagher has started 10 games this season and don't you dare suggest we should sign Maguire, I mean we are just trying to shift 2 donkeys in Keane and Mina and you want to sign Maguire?
Are you sure Gallagher started 10 games?

I have it at 6 league games and 1 champs league.

Youre putting words in my mouth "you want to sign Maguire". I didnt say that,

Tammy Abraham is a good shout. However unlikely to leave Roma and would probably cost 40-50 million. I do like him though and think he has improved his overall game last few seasons.

He has been poor this season though hence him not being in the England squad, only scored 3 goals so far.

Hes scored goals in his past 4 seasons so it looks like this is an anomaly under Mourinho after they signed Dybala.

I guess his fee will have dropped a bit due to that. Perhaps £40mil rather than £60mil.

By which you mean playing for England at the World Cup?

The nationality alone overprices them. Being in the World Cup squad bumps that up another level.

In short, no way.

Especially when we need to make our resources stretch as far as we can.

Not only. Also England players around the squad.

…in terms of prioritisation, I can only see us buying players who are effective in the top third.

Theyre all cogs though arent they? Signing an attacking left wing back and switching to a back 3 could change the whole team dynamic.

Of course though i expect it to be a forward. Hopefully not 2 or 3 players unless on discounted deals (e.g contract about to expire).

Rather see the club put all the @Eggs in one basket and sign a top player.

Only worth dipping into that market if we can do a Coady / Tarkowski - which demonstrably isn’t impossible.

Personally, given the English premium, I think in general our sights should be elsewhere - and indeed away from the World Cup, on players not able to over-impress and rapidly inflate their price tags.

Are you sure Gallagher started 10 games?

I have it at 6 league games and 1 champs league.

Youre putting words in my mouth "you want to sign Maguire". I didnt say that,

Hes scored goals in his past 4 seasons so it looks like this is an anomaly under Mourinho after they signed Dybala.

I guess his fee will have dropped a bit due to that. Perhaps £40mil rather than £60mil.

Theyre all cogs though arent they? Signing an attacking left wing back and switching to a back 3 could change the whole team dynamic.

Of course though i expect it to be a forward. Hopefully not 2 or 3 players unless on discounted deals (e.g contract about to expire).

Rather see the club put all the @Eggs in one basket and sign a top player.

…i assume we have limited spend, we need attacking talent otherwise we are staring relegation in the face. if a player we want for another position is available, we should only pursue if it doesn’t restrict our spend where we need it.

I’m not sure why you’re restricting us to English players, there’s a big old world out there.

As ever we are so poor we need a talismanic one man team type player.
Zaha has basically kept Palace up on his own.
Christ knows what wages he'd want - but he's gonna leave Palace at some point.

Brereton diaz not the answer to our attacking problems...on a free for sure I would take him. He is doing OK in the championship but watching Blackburn against Burnley and he is very passive player...not sure he would be much better than Maupay...we need top quality up top so maybe a loan of one of the top players from the top teams would make more sense. Someone like pulisic would be prefect...or maybe elanga from united...not playing much but has real quality going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.