January transfer window 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd think youngsters there would have more sense. The only ones that made it there, or making it there, all did it under Frank.
Yes mate I agree

I know if he was my lad (even though he’ll have an agent) he wouldn’t have signed that contract
There are clubs who would give him a far better career instead of being used
Chelsea are a shocking club with no class with youngsters and this is their way of operating

Honest question, if we did buy another Striker.

How do people think we are going to keep 3 Strikers "happy" and match fit all through the season?

I think people don’t care about keeping Rondon Happy and Maupay will play wide, when he’s not upfront, DCL will be injured or unfit, so another player in there can’t hurt.

I think people don’t care about keeping Rondon Happy and Maupay will play wide, when he’s not upfront, Dominic Calvert-Lewin will be injured or unfit, so another player in there can’t hurt.
Im not saying he cant, but I did look and Maupay hasnt played out wide, like at all, which I did find strange.

Maupay's footballing idol is Zinedine Zidane He stated that he "can play out wide or as a number 10, but my favoured position is striker. I like to play down the middle and use my pace to get in behind defences" and "I'm used to looking after the ball and holding off defenders"

Jesus ****. Can we please close this thread for a week, its like crack and I hate myself for not being able to stop
Try taking the whole thing as satire of human behavior. The one fake transfer was comedy gold. Perfect call back, in addition to ragging on everyone huddled around waiting for smoke signals rising from the chimney of the Sistine Chapel.

It helps.

Try taking the whole thing as satire of human behavior. The one fake transfer was comedy gold. Perfect call back, in addition to ragging on everyone huddled around waiting for smoke signals rising from the chimney of the Sistine Chapel.

It helps.
Pedro is the only player we will sign in January...that is all...

You'd think youngsters there would have more sense. The only ones that made it there, or making it there, all did it under Frank.
I dunno, they'll be getting big bucks and guaranteed these big bucks for years. Most of these players imo don't really care if it's big bucks under Chelsea or loaned out to various English or continental sides. Also, there is probably some reputational benefit of being a Chelsea starlet. Once your Chelsea contract finishes you'll have a whole host of great contacts in the game. You'd have to be a really poor senior player not to get a decent contract somewhere else once your Chelsea contract ends.

Looking at players who will reach the end of their contracts in Summer 2023, there's a couple that stand out as worth a cheeky January bid if their clubs don't tie them down beforehand:

Youri Tielemans (25, CM, Leicester) - obviously will have a range of suitors in the prem and Europe, but what a pickup he would be for us.

Douglas Luiz (24, CM, Villa) - similar to Tielemans, will have interest from other prem clubs. But we have Davies, Doucoure and Allan all in the same contract position, so it would make sense to at least be tracking what's happening with Luiz and Tielemans.

Evan Ndicka - (23, CB, Frankfurt) - will be interesting to see how he gets on in a Frankfurt team that probably hit their glass ceiling last year. He's a left-footer and *could* slot in very nicely for us, if we ship out Keane and Mina. Not part of the French WC squad, but that's hardly a criticism when you see who they have available.

Viktor Tsygankov (24, RW, Kyiv) - presumably the ongoing war will factor heavily in his future plans. I don't think Ukraine is going to the World Cup so he won't suddenly get loads more attention in December. Would be an attractive upgrade on Andros Townsend. I'm not going to apologise for my fixation on this guy.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.