January Transfer Window 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been quoted as saying he was really keen on the move to Everton. Don't think he would've kept Koeman hanging till late in the window if he wasn't up for it. He wants regular football to stake his claim for France's World Cup team. Rumours are that it was his wife who wasn't keen. If he doesn't get much game time between now and January I seriously think this could happen - he won't get another World Cup chance but he can always get a new wife.
At what price though
For the new wife like

Yep, esk said something like that he was told at 9.30pm on transfer deadline day that we had put a bid in for Cavani.

I believe he said this shortly after an article was published about a week ago stating we had an interest in the player (post his row with Neymar)

So IMO anyway interesting he mentioned absolutely zero about it before that, also interesting that all this stuff about a 70m bid for Costa, 40m bid upcoming for Giroud in January, and the 'discussions' about bidding for Cavani have come after we have had a terrible start to the season and it's massively apparent and a lot of reporters are commenting about us failing to replace Lukaku in the summer. flies in the face of what Moshiri said on deadline day as well when he made out we weren't too concerned about not bringing one in really doesn't it. Hardly sounded like a bloke who had been on the phone to PSG and Cheslea with 70m bids flying around...

Break it down to this, he takes home 120k pw after tax at his current club - with the UK tax rates, that would mean we'd have to pay him 230k pw gross before tax for him to match that figure (not including any bonuses for goals, assists or what not that he has in his PSG contract - which almost certainly he does and big ones as well)

so say we'd need to give him an increase to 150k pw take home pay to even tempt him - that would mean a gross weekly wage offer of 290k per week.

At this point our discussion in the boardroom becomes the sounds of pen droppings and lots of nervous glances at the floor until someone says 'how about Troy Deeney'

Fans fume big style over us not getting a striker in, then up pops this saying we're holding a meeting about trying to sign Cavani (hopes fume dies down.) :coffee:

The fume should only die down if the person is stupid enough to believe we are willing to offer close to 300k per week to a player, not mentioning that it'd take likely close to 70m+ in the current market, so 4 year contract 60m wages - a nice 130m we'd pay, NOT A CHANCE

I believe he said this shortly after an article was published about a week ago stating we had an interest in the player (post his row with Neymar)

So IMO anyway interesting he mentioned absolutely zero about it before that, also interesting that all this stuff about a 70m bid for Costa, 40m bid upcoming for Giroud in January, and the 'discussions' about bidding for Cavani have come after we have had a terrible start to the season and it's massively apparent and a lot of reporters are commenting about us failing to replace Lukaku in the summer. flies in the face of what Moshiri said on deadline day as well when he made out we weren't too concerned about not bringing one in really doesn't it. Hardly sounded like a bloke who had been on the phone to PSG and Cheslea with 70m bids flying around...

Break it down to this, he takes home 120k pw after tax at his current club - with the UK tax rates, that would mean we'd have to pay him 230k pw gross before tax for him to match that figure (not including any bonuses for goals, assists or what not that he has in his PSG contract - which almost certainly he does and big ones as well)

so say we'd need to give him an increase to 150k pw take home pay to even tempt him - that would mean a gross weekly wage offer of 290k per week.

At this point our discussion in the boardroom becomes the sounds of pen droppings and lots of nervous glances at the floor until someone says 'how about Troy Deeney'
It's the last 4 words that frighten the [Poor language removed] out of me
Cavani for Lukaku yes I'll live with that
Giroud for Lukaku yes I'll live with that.
Bentake for Lukaku yes I'll live with that
Deeney for Lukaku no way on gods green earth will I live with that

and simple question.

Which one would surprise you least of them all?

He's been quoted as saying he was really keen on the move to Everton. Don't think he would've kept Koeman hanging till late in the window if he wasn't up for it. He wants regular football to stake his claim for France's World Cup team. Rumours are that it was his wife who wasn't keen. If he doesn't get much game time between now and January I seriously think this could happen - he won't get another World Cup chance but he can always get a new wife.

And that was the biggest cock - up we made mate, as soon as Giroud said he would have a think about it we should have given him a deadline, and while he was mulling the move over we should have moved onto our next striker target.

If it's his wife's lifestyle rather than his football that was the deciding factor then that is even worse, as I don't see how Mrs Giroud would change her preference for staying on London inside 4 months!

You may not have a choice, unless you are signing the cheques.

Actually the assumption on Tax is that he would be paying on a PAYE basis, probably seen as a contract worker and paying on a different basis - all these big wage earners get the best advice on how to avoid tax, so they'll pay a chunk of it for image rights or some such twaddle so that he can "minimise his PAYE" and then offset anything he buys against his income.

Cavani could be do-able for Everton, but there will be a long queue of clubs that would want him (not necessarily could afford him). Would be a season changer for us. let me choose, Niasse or Cavani ........

Aye forgot aboutthat.

Unfortunately i think both PSG and Cavani would want real money rather than a massive stack of orange 500 notes, a loads of small miniature green houses, loads of red hotels and a stack of property cards and Bill's water works

The funny thing is though mate, there will be plenty of blues out there who'll bite big style at all this Cavani talk.

You must all be on drugs if you think Cavani is signing for Everton, we'll be scraping around in the bargain bin in the last seconds of the transfer window once again and probably end up with no one.

Status
Not open for further replies.