January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
....my concern with Can is that he’s a bit of a mercenary footballer. Juventus might have got him on a Bosman but they now have an expensive millstone around their neck.

Decent enough player but I’m not convinced by the man.
Expensive milestone. Sounds like us. Anyone wanting him on top of what we are stuck with already !!

Can and Vecino totally uninspiring rumours, go out and get Sangare or somebody for less

obviously you haven’t seen Sangare this season

whilst he played well last season he has absolutely stunk the house out at Toulouse this season.

Watched him last week again were Toulouse were beaten 5 - 0, he was at fault for four of the goals.

Doesn’t read the game well, caught out of position all the time, cannot find a player, gets a nose bleed every time he passes forward.

Worse than what we have on the books now, move on!

....my concern with Can is that he’s a bit of a mercenary footballer. Juventus might have got him on a Bosman but they now have an expensive millstone around their neck.

Decent enough player but I’m not convinced by the man.
I may be wrong but the fella has only played for 3 teams in his career. Moving to the Italian powerhouse from Liverpool at the time was a no brainer much like their other bosmans.

From what I remember, Can is a decent player. Certainly an improvement on what we've got. Good technical ability, can carry the ball forward well, OK defensively. Who knows what he'd be like here and whether he'd be fully motivated. I think he was meant to have done ok when he played for juve last year, which makes sense why Carlo after him

I wouldn’t say he’s slow either personally. Thankfully a centre mid doesn’t have to have record 100m sprint ability.

How many midfielders are known as being quick?
We're going to be in disagreement on his ability given you think he does it all in midfield. Haven't a clue why you've assumed I want him to have records at 100m sprints, it's OK for people to have different opinions to yours regarding players without comments like that.

I hope we don't sign him, and I reckon we won't.

Decent player emre can and a big lad so would give us some much needed presence in the midfield, but isn’t he on silly money at juve which we’d have to match which would be a concern if he went the way of some of our other big earners and we get stuck with him

Status
Not open for further replies.