January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
....it’s hardly a ‘manic Monday’, indeed there’s no new links out there that I can see on the morning of 13th January;

- A number of outlets, including TalkSport report the Toffees are preparing a £25m bid for Gremio Forward, Everton Soares. The rumour increased on Saturday when Richarlison responded during an instagram exchange with his Brazilian teammate with the words: ‘we are waiting for you’.

- The East Anglican Times continue to report Ipswich are nearing a loan deal for Everton defender, Lewis Gibson, but the centre back is in the last 6 months of his contract and a new one needs to be agreed before the Toffees sanction a move for the 19 year old. Ipswich hope a deal is sorted sooner rather than later so Gibson can join a list of recent Everton loanees at Portman Road; Luke Garbutt is currently there following the footsteps of Conor Grant, Callum Connolly and Matty Pennington.

- SkySports repeat Everton interest in 17 year old Carlisle centre-back Jarrad Branthwaite, whilst the Echo again reports Bayern Munich links with Toffees 18 year old Academy Forward, Anthony Gordon.
Is that a religious publication?

4 points off 6th I'll be furious if we dont bring in 1-2 by the end of the window.

Having European football next season would allow Ancelotti to attract a higher calibre of player than without it and 6th means you avoid the early round fixtures.

If we brought in a CF or goal scoring wide player and a creative midfielder I would put us favourites along with Spurs for 6/7th

Insane isn’t it? Lost like 9 out of 13 games or something stupid and we are that close to 4th. Just imagine if we hadn’t had that start

If we can somehow take 10+ points from the next four games - with both Chelsea and United having a tricky set of fixtures coming up before we play both of them - we genuinely could have a shot at 4th. But with more difficult games to come, we'd need to strengthen in order to maintain a push. Top 6 would still be an achievement this season, but we may yet fall short.

If we can somehow take 10+ points from the next four games - with both Chelsea and United having a tricky set of fixtures coming up before we play both of them - we genuinely could have a shot at 4th. But with more difficult games to come, we'd need to strengthen in order to maintain a push. Top 6 would still be an achievement this season, but we may yet fall short.

Sheffield Utd have Arsenal away, City at home and Palace away.

Tottenham have Watford away, Norwich at home, City at home.

Wolves have Southampton away, Liverpool at home, United away.

Serious opportunity for us these next 3/4 games... but how many times have we said things like this and then failed to capitalise?

...love the positivity, but following the FA Cup performance I’m totally concentrating on 4 more wins for safety.

....it’s hardly a ‘manic Monday’, indeed there’s no new links out there that I can see on the morning of 13th January;

- A number of outlets, including TalkSport report the Toffees are preparing a £25m bid for Gremio Forward, Everton Soares. The rumour increased on Saturday when Richarlison responded during an instagram exchange with his Brazilian teammate with the words: ‘we are waiting for you’.

- The East Anglican Times continue to report Ipswich are nearing a loan deal for Everton defender, Lewis Gibson, but the centre back is in the last 6 months of his contract and a new one needs to be agreed before the Toffees sanction a move for the 19 year old. Ipswich hope a deal is sorted sooner rather than later so Gibson can join a list of recent Everton loanees at Portman Road; Luke Garbutt is currently there following the footsteps of Conor Grant, Callum Connolly and Matty Pennington.

- SkySports repeat Everton interest in 17 year old Carlisle centre-back Jarrad Branthwaite, whilst the Echo again reports Bayern Munich links with Toffees 18 year old Academy Forward, Anthony Gordon.
That's it?

I have a feeling the mainstream media are missing a trick here; Player will be having his medical for us and then they will only pick up the story.

But who will it be is the question?

Status
Not open for further replies.