January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get the guy they call Kalidou Koulibaly!
3218A067-F7C4-4BC5-97D0-C1FF0098E82C.jpeg

We need a centre half and I think we will get one if only on loan to get us through the season if the right one to buy isn't available now. As for the rest well Carlo can take a good look at the squad now as the points Dunc got and now the 2 wins have eased the pressure towards the bottom and I doubt making europe is realistic unless 7th gets in again.
I'm thinking let's get a centre half and a midfielder and let's go get 4th...

Totally agree, to a degree, obviously we don't have European football but we do have a name that can attract names in charge. I'm very intrigued to see how this window and summer play out and the quality of player we go for.

Kind of what happened with Fulham. They got Keegan in and he starting selling the idea to players and attracted some very good players ( for their level) remeber a couple of prem players dropping down a league of memory serves me right. Not saying we are going to go out and get bale , Ronaldo and Messi but their will be a few players that we couldn’t attract before that will at least have the conversation with Carlo about a move

Kind of what happened with Fulham. They got Keegan in and he starting selling the idea to players and attracted some very good players ( for their level) remeber a couple of prem players dropping down a league of memory serves me right. Not saying we are going to go out and get bale , Ronaldo and Messi but their will be a few players that we couldn’t attract before that will at least have the conversation with Carlo about a move

Yup this is massive and one of the most exciting things about Don Carlo. Not only will players come but they will STAY you think Richie really wants to go to United to play under ole when he can spend the most important years of his development under the best manager in the world? Not only will some of Carlo's old boys want to rejoin him but young lads will be tempted not only by prem football but working under a 3 times champions league winner. Even if they don't see us as a destination club yet a lot of 19-23 year old future stars will be getting advised by their agents to go spend a few years under Don Carlo. We can harness that power and then if we are playing in europe in a few seasons with an amazing new stadium we can really start cementing ourselves as a top european club again

Up to a few weeks ago I was certain we needed 5 quality signings to even challenge for 6th/7th. Which of course wouldn’t have been possible in a Jan window.

All of a sudden I think 2 in (CM & CB) & Carlo will get us in that top 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.