January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giroud isn't getting a look in at Chelsea. He should come here on loan, his bird can stay in London and go shopping seeing as she wouldn't move up here. He's 32 but can provide a bit of cover short term while Kean hopefully adjusts to the Premier league.

Are you sure hes a better option than DCL at this point?

2 league goals in 2 seasons, granted he hasnt played much, but still.

And hes 33.

Are you sure hes a better option than DCL at this point?

2 league goals in 2 seasons, granted he hasnt played much, but still.

And hes 33.

Just thinking that he would provide a bit of back up without shelling out any transfer fee. He may be near the end of his career but I think he's still got the motivation to prove Lampard and even Arsenal wrong for not playing him and selling him respectively.

Evening all.

Well here’s some for you.

If you look back about a year I talked about how we were in Tenerife and how a chap who is a Villa scout told us about what was going on at Chelsea and what their plans were in particular around Zouma

Well its the International break and we are again in Costa Adeje in Tenerife and yesterday in a bar where we tend to watch over here was the same chap.

Anyways what’s interesting was around three of Chelsea’s players and Everton’s interest. There seems to be some sort of direct link between the two clubs.

The first is Giroud, two clubs want him one is Palace and Everton are the other but Palace will pay circa £5 million whereas Everton want him on loan.

The second is Christensen, Chelsea will sell him for around £ 35 million but Everton value him at around half of that and the third player is a player they have out on loan at Charlton called Connor Gallagher. Everton value him at about £7 million Chelsea aren’t interested in selling but will loan him out but only for next season as they think he is going to be a top player.

The talk in football is that Everton will only buy if they sell but no one is showing much interest in anyone.

Oh he maintains that had Everton offered £40 million for Zouma he would have been sold but the most Everton would go to was less than £20 million.

Evening all.

Well here’s some for you.

If you look back about a year I talked about how we were in Tenerife and how a chap who is a Villa scout told us about what was going on at Chelsea and what their plans were in particular around Zouma

Well its the International break and we are again in Costa Adeje in Tenerife and yesterday in a bar where we tend to watch over here was the same chap.

Anyways what’s interesting was around three of Chelsea’s players and Everton’s interest. There seems to be some sort of direct link between the two clubs.

The first is Giroud, two clubs want him one is Palace and Everton are the other but Palace will pay circa £5 million whereas Everton want him on loan.

The second is Christensen, Chelsea will sell him for around £ 35 million but Everton value him at around half of that and the third player is a player they have out on loan at Charlton called Connor Gallagher. Everton value him at about £7 million Chelsea aren’t interested in selling but will loan him out but only for next season as they think he is going to be a top player.

The talk in football is that Everton will only buy if they sell but no one is showing much interest in anyone.

Oh he maintains that had Everton offered £40 million for Zouma he would have been sold but the most Everton would go to was less than £20 million.

Mad that a Villa scout in Tenerife knows so much about Everton and our transfer dealings. Sounds like absolute hogwash.

That being said Giroud as a short term option isn't the worst idea at least he's experienced currently we have no striker we can rely on.

That being said Giroud as a short term option isn't the worst idea at least he's experienced currently we have no striker we can rely on.

I think Giroud is a great player, but honestly and im aware this shout wont be widely agreed with, but I would much rather give DCL and Kean the game time.

Short term band-aids arent what we need.

If our scouts are telling league rivals about all of our transfer and financial business then that's a big problem.

Scouts are mainly paid no more than expenses but they in turn have links back to agents and palms get greased all the time. As for telling rivals my guess is that they share opinions and bar the odd individual there is no club loyalty whatsoever

I agree , there is no point in signing a striker that’s not “ next level” or at least a young one that has the potential to be . We need another lukaku type signing . A promising young forward that has an eye for goal that wants mins. I don’t know enough about euro footy to suggest one tho

Moise Kean says hi.
[/QUOTE]

Sorry I should have been clearer... I mean one that Silva will actually play

I think Giroud is a great player, but honestly and im aware this shout wont be widely agreed with, but I would much rather give DCL and Kean the game time.

Short term band-aids arent what we need.
Agree completely. I don’t think there will be much to gain from this season so I would much rather play some of the young players and see if they have a future on this team for next year and then make summer signings based on a decent sample size.

Status
Not open for further replies.