January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree , there is no point in signing a striker that’s not “ next level” or at least a young one that has the potential to be . We need another lukaku type signing . A promising young forward that has an eye for goal that wants mins. I don’t know enough about euro footy to suggest one tho
[/QUOTE]

Moise Kean says hi.

....folk on here didn’t want Tomori from Chelsea as the summer window closed because he was a bit of an unknown. He’s just made his full England debut. I’m generally encouraged by Brands.
Silva would still have had him marking shadows at corners though.
I think people didn’t want Tomori because they actually thought club might had experienced CH to come in instead of no one at all.

Silva would still have had him marking shadows at corners though.
I think people didn’t want Tomori because they actually thought club might had experienced CH to come in instead of no one at all.

....I was with somebody at the club on Friday who said Silva works the squad diligently on set pieces, one of the backroom staff blames the players for not applying it on the pitch. I was minded what Jagielka said; they were drilled to such an extent during the Moyes era that they automatically knew what they were doing on the pitch and didn’t concede a set piece goal in two seasons.

Regarding Tomori, he was Derby’s player of the season when they reached the play-offs.

100%

Basically giving another clubs youth player a development ground rather than do the same with someone from our own academy.

....I wouldn’t class Tomori as an youth team player, he’d just come off a season long loan at Derby where they made the Championship play-offs and he was voted player of the season. If you watched Derby last season, Tomori was a bit raw at times but his pace is rapid. I think he’s exactly what Mina needs.

....I wouldn’t class Tomori as an youth team player, he’d just come off a season long loan at Derby where they made the Championship play-offs and he was voted player of the season. If you watched Derby last season, Tomori was a bit raw at times but his pace is rapid. I think he’s exactly what Mina needs.
And we’d be in the same position we‘re in now, next season, when his loan ends and Chelsea keep him just like Zouma.
Never been a fan of loaning players from other clubs with no buy option.

What ever happened to clever scouting? There are gems out there that don’t cost the earth if you have a competent scouting network. Much better to go that route than the small time option of borrowing another clubs player for 12 months.

And we’d be in the same position we‘re in now, next season, when his loan ends and Chelsea keep him just like Zouma.
Never been a fan of loaning players from other clubs with no buy option.

What ever happened to clever scouting? There are gems out there that don’t cost the earth if you have a competent scouting network. Much better to go that route than the small time option of borrowing another clubs player for 12 months.

...I think you can justifiably blame Brands for the CB position, but I suspect he was led to believe he’d get Zouma on a permanent. The managerial change meant Lampard wanted to take the defender on pre-season tour, but Brands was told he could have Tomori on loan if Lampard decided to keep Zouma.

Brands was left totally in the lurch on Deadline Day when Luiz forced a move to Arsenal and Chelsea were forced to keep Tomori.

I still think we’ll get Zouma and I’ll settle for waiting for our first choice than accepting 2nd, 3rd or 4th choices just so we get someone in.

I posted at the time but I wouldn’t have signed Walcott or Tosun either as neither were going to be the long term solution and the man who brought them in was always losing his job 6 months later.

It was always going to take 2 or 3 years to sort out the mess Silva and Brands inherited and we’re well on our way to doing so now.

He's still a academy player who is developing and personally would rather we let one our own have a chance.

And when Rudiger is fit...who's getting binned?

I would've had Gary Cahill on a free who's putting in a good shift for Palace this season to fill our CB gap. But that didn't happen.

...I think you can justifiably blame Brands for the CB position, but I suspect he was led to believe he’d get Zouma on a permanent. The managerial change meant Lampard wanted to take the defender on pre-season tour, but Brands was told he could have Tomori on loan if Lampard decided to keep Zouma.

Brands was left totally in the lurch on Deadline Day when Luiz forced a move to Arsenal and Chelsea were forced to keep Tomori.
I can buy all of that but there are more central defenders out there than ones at Chelsea. I can only presume Silva knocked back other options Brands presented him with, holding out for Zouma?

Giroud isn't getting a look in at Chelsea. He should come here on loan, his bird can stay in London and go shopping seeing as she wouldn't move up here. He's 32 but can provide a bit of cover short term while Kean hopefully adjusts to the Premier league.

Status
Not open for further replies.