January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
....folk on here didn’t want Tomori from Chelsea as the summer window closed because he was a bit of an unknown. He’s just made his full England debut. I’m generally encouraged by Brands.

I had my doubts but he's done okay so far in the league same as Abraham.

Will be very interesting to see what Chelsea do with both of them once the ban is up - will they go for more proven international quality and sell them both for an English premium or stick by them?

I had my doubts but he's done okay so far in the league same as Abraham.

Will be very interesting to see what Chelsea do with both of them once the ban is up - will they go for more proven international quality and sell them both for an English premium or stick by them?

...Lampard seems more inclined to play them. Mount, Tomori and Abraham had successful loan spells last season but are getting plenty of games now and making an impact at international level.

....folk on here didn’t want Tomori from Chelsea as the summer window closed because he was a bit of an unknown. He’s just made his full England debut. I’m generally encouraged by Brands.
Top talent, far better than a clogger like Mings.

Key with Tomori is that hes rapid. Very good for teams wanting to play with a giant (Mina) at the back.

Still, it would have been a loan deal and so its benefiting Holgate...

I understand us spending 25mil on a 19yr old Witt great potential, but I don’t understand us spending 20 on a 25yr old, who record in weak leagues is very average. We may as well, just perceiver Witt Kean & DCL And Hope one or both come good, or we improve more goals from the right hand side, by signing someone to play there.

And hopefully Richarlison keeps getting better, Iwobi’s goal output improves and maybe a Gordon comes through and also adds to the goals. Because if we aren’t going to spend 60/70 mil and a top class striker, then I didn’t see the point, we may as well throw that 20mil in the Mersey.

I agree , there is no point in signing a striker that’s not “ next level” or at least a young one that has the potential to be . We need another lukaku type signing . A promising young forward that has an eye for goal that wants mins. I don’t know enough about euro footy to suggest one tho

Rojo for me. Will be excellent during the cold months have an excuse to stand up and clap when he slowly walks off halfway through the first half after getting a second yellow for his fifth angry mis-timed tackle.

Status
Not open for further replies.