January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah we need to get at least 2 players at a minimum. Brands did say he doesn’t like the winter widow due high prices your charged, unfortunately with Gbamin out and Delph injuries every 3-4 games we need numbers in midfield. And still a cb is needed.
Cb and CM and probably a striker on loan if Cenk is punted.

Probably because our manager wouldn't want anyone else but Zouma and when that was confirmed not happening Brands left it too late to get anyone and then his back up Tomori went teets up because they sold Luiz to Arsenal and then United wouldn't give us Rojo because it was perm or nothing.

It doesn't sound that cheap or easy tbh. Sounds just as difficult as January.

I would imagine we will do business, but only if the right players are available at the right price.

For me, this season is on its arse, its not over, but lets be honest it hasnt really gone to plan, pointless overpaying for players when we can wait a few months and save 10 or 20m on each 1, unless we get an upturn and look like challenging the top 4.

Long term thinking, always long term.

Agree. But I would be astonished if some short term fixes were not addressed in January. And that is making the far from certain assumption that no other players explode between now and then.

It doesn't sound that cheap or easy tbh. Sounds just as difficult as January.
I mean you can keep using Brands/Silva cocking it up and leaving it till late to not get a CB example in all you want but deals in January cost more because it's mid season, It shouldn't even be debatable.
Teams don't want to lose players in the middle of the season unless it's for big money.

I mean you can keep using Brands/Silva cocking it up and leaving it till late to not get a CB example in all you want but deals in January cost more because it's mid season, It shouldn't even be debatable.
Teams don't want to lose players in the middle of the season unless it's for big money.

Must be plenty entering the last 6 months of a contract. We dont need a Bale or a Messi, we need decent if unspectacular cover to get by. Sad and like @MarcelsGoat says, the season is done most likely.

Must be plenty entering the last 6 months of a contract. We dont need a Bale or a Messi, we need decent if unspectacular cover to get by. Sad and like @MarcelsGoat says, the season is done most likely.
Cover/back up players is all we'll be looking for in January, The season is looking to be another write off so it's not even worth it spending big money on players just to go from 13th to 10th lets say.

Agree. But I would be astonished if some short term fixes were not addressed in January. And that is making the far from certain assumption that no other players explode between now and then.

I mean if Chelsea continue to keep Zouma away from matchday squads it should make a pursuit VERY easy and fairly cheap. There are bargains to be had, we also have the loan market very much available, I can see some movement, but it will depend on availability and if we can get some of these wage leeches like Niasse and Tosun to koff.

If you've got evidence of there being massive discounts on players during the summer compared to January then I'd love to see it.

The truth is that all transfer windows are difficult. Bottling out of the January transfer window just because it isn't a walk in the park is so incredibly small time, and given the state that we have been left in following our most recent really easy summer transfer window, I don't think we can afford to sit on our arse and shy away from a task just because it might involve a bit of hard work.

If you've got evidence of there being massive discounts on players during the summer compared to January then I'd love to see it.

The truth is that all transfer windows are difficult. Bottling out of the January transfer window just because it isn't a walk in the park is so incredibly small time, and given the state that we have been left in following our most recent really easy summer transfer window, I don't think we can afford to sit on our arse and shy away from a task just because it might involve a bit of hard work.

We literally paid 27m for Tosun in a winter window, he would have cost 50p in a summer window.

I mean if Chelsea continue to keep Zouma away from matchday squads it should make a pursuit VERY easy and fairly cheap. There are bargains to be had, we also have the loan market very much available, I can see some movement, but it will depend on availability and if we can get some of these wage leeches like Niasse and Tosun to koff.

I have not a clue if Chelsea can buy players in January, and yeah that young lad has done fine. But if they cant, I would be amazed if they let even a cover player like Zouma move if their form continues to be sound.

We literally paid 27m for Tosun in a winter window, he would have cost 50p in a summer window.

The 27 million is a blag figure in the first place. There's no evidence of massive discounts being attributed to players in the summer window.

The 27 million is a blag figure in the first place. There's no evidence of massive discounts being attributed to players in the summer window.
what's so hard to understand?
January = mid season teams might struggle to find a replacement hence transfer fees inflate due to not wanting them to leave in the middle of the football season
Summer window = players can leave any time due to no football and the club having a bigger time frame to find a replacement.

Who do you want to buy mate?

Dacoure from Watford, currently in a relegation battle, good luck getting him.
Zaha from Palace, currently fighting for a European spot, good luck getting him.

No, im not saying they are the only 2 players in the world, but I assume we want to be targetting good players at good clubs, most of those clubs are fighting for trophies or things, CL, Europa, so if you want to buy them, you have to pay a premium.

Theres many reasons people tend to shy away from Winter windows, its windows for the desperate.

jan.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.