January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's thousands upon thousands of footballers out there.

If Brands can't find one "we want" for "the right price", given that's quite literally his job, then he should be shown the door.
It ain’t fifa mate, just because we want someone doesn’t mean they want to come or if their agent demands a massive few etc.

I think if all this is true, his head will be turned, it will be an another Gueye or Lukaku and he will be out the next window. Great work from the board getting Ancelotti in , some will disagree but in January we needed at least one big statement signing, but like city did with Robinho, if we had i don’t think the supposed Barca bid would have come in, the board should have got Ancelotti his chosen player in, he would have known straight off who he would want here.
Yeah if he does go we have to get maximum profit from him. Shame because we should be building a team round are best players.

There's thousands upon thousands of footballers out there.

If Brands can't find one "we want" for "the right price", given that's quite literally his job, then he should be shown the door.

His druids cant see the woods from the trees.

4 points off 5th/6th with Spurs and Utd inconsistent and missing Kane and Rashford.

Criminal lack of ambitoon if we dont address our gaping weakness in CM and out wide.

His druids cant see the woods from the trees.

4 points off 5th/6th with Spurs and Utd inconsistent and missing Kane and Rashford.

Criminal lack of ambitoon if we dont address our gaping weakness in CM and out wide.
He addressed quite a bit of it in the summer. It's probably a little late to change FFP regulations.

So if we had signed a good player this window Barcelona wouldn’t have made the bid for Richarlison?

that’s interesting logic. So us signing a good player would put Barce off and they would think “holy hell, Everton have spent/wasted a load of money on James Rodriguez. They’ll be on our level soon. No point going for Richarlison. Him coming here would practically be a sideways step.”

let’s be honest. They couldn’t care less who we sign/don’t sign. They’ll bid for Richarlison if they want. It’s probably just to show interest so they can get him in the summer.

If he goes it’ll be sad. But we’ll move on. We always do.Gueye and Lukaku played some of their best football for us in their final 6 months. Playing for a move: I’ve absolutely no problem with that.
Well they could have seen it as us building, but whatever imo Ancelotti should have had a statement signing in this window, too manager then a top plater it would show we really mean business.

All this ffp stuff is probably us lying to stop teams ripping us off in the summer. We were willing to pay £70m or whatever for Zaha, as well as what £30m on Zouma?!

I personally wouldn't worry about it if it is actually an issue. What would they do? Take 3 years investigating, in which time we've qualified for back to back CL campaigns, then they'll hit us with a crappy fine which would have no impact?

Status
Not open for further replies.