January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
He may have a few assists but I didn't realise that was barometer of a good left back.

I think he's been poor for whatever reason, maybe Bernard not playing much has affected his game.

He wasnt amazing defensively last season.

Modern fullbacks are judged on what they do to contribute as an attacking force.

The Digne is crap now narrative is one of the weirdest things on the forum and there are a lot of weird things, myself included.

It is the way things are now with Everton. The fans are capable of forcing a player out of the team or out of the club with two weeks of twitter/forum slating. The fans online can force a manager out and any old chump can walk up to a manager at the ground and say 'get out of our club', a few photos and videos are circled and then he's finished. It began with Coleman a long time ago, even if he plays well, and there is some praise, the narrative that he's finished has been set in stone. Delph is on a hiding to nothing already.

He wasnt amazing defensively last season.

Modern fullbacks are judged on what they do to contribute as an attacking force.

True but I think he was better defensively last season than this.

I think a combo of Bernard being dropped/injured, confidence and the general crapness of our season had contributed. If Bernard can stay fit I think he'll find some form.

Status
Not open for further replies.