January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grealish is head and shoulders above the rest of the Villa squad, and I suspect he would comfortably have a place in most starting XIs in the league.

Would he fit into Liverpool or City? That's a different question entirely, but I can say with nigh on certainty that he'd considerably improving our squad if he came.

My only concern would be his temperament/mentality as I've heard some concerning rumours to go alongside the public stuff, but then people say he's maturing.

Anyway, I doubt he'd be looking at us as a destination if there's interesting from other specific clubs, and like @Foot Long Hot Dog said it'll depend on how Villa do.
It would be another Sigurdsson situation of us over paying for a good player in an average team below us if we bought him, with him being English too he will be ridiculously over priced. Also I think the likes of United, Arsenal and Liverpool will be in front of us in the que. Best to look elsewhere.

Its frustrating as the league is so tight but with the money spent we really should be higher with bigger quality.

Injuries havent helped but how the hell can we still have DCL, Kean, Niasse and Walcott as our attacking unit? Or Davies, Schneiderlin and Delph in midfield.

Come on Brands lad dont throw the season away we NEED 2 players in before Watford away.

Mr I dont like January STFU and do yer job m8.

Still think the best signings long-term are going to be those that come under the radar.

The better-known players are going to be more expensive and have more suitors.

It's still what gives me greatest concern as there is little evidence Brands has set scouting up in this manner despite overhauling the scouting operation, and Ancelotti I don't expect will be entirely clued in to this market unless he watches a lot of games himself during the week.

It is all about the right mix between age, experience, and ability in the end but we have had too many players come in that I expected more of in terms of leadership, character, and hunger in particular. We have to get players in with something to prove. If it means we are a stepping stone only it's still infinitely better than just being a long-term leach on wages.
Correct bit worrying he hasn't really picked up any under the radar gems
yet have that desire and hunger we have largely picked off squad players from so called bigger clubs, which is ok in terms of their base skill level, but once you step down largely the motivation is less intense than if Everton is your step up. Scouting emerging players was meant to be one of his strengths. Maybe he thinks the EPl needs more proven but we need to be taking a few gambles on talent we can develop and that won't break the bank, Gbamin is the closest to an unknown I can think of that he has brought in and he has been unfortunate with that injury so far.

Cantwell and Aarons? Yes
Aarons has created nothing in a very attacking side. Cantwell's goal scoring record hides that he doesn't really have a discernible role that we could put him in. Basically I'm saying I don't know what he's supposed to be good at. We'd be worse off signing either for the prices they'll want as they will exceed 10m.

Aarons has created nothing in a very attacking side. Cantwell's goal scoring record hides that he doesn't really have a discernible role that we could put him in. Basically I'm saying I don't know what he's supposed to be good at. We'd be worse off signing either for the prices they'll want as they will exceed 10m.

We’re not linked with Cantwell.
We won’t sign Aarons.
I know you don’t like them.
We don’t need to keep going over this.

Seen the links to Emre Can today, he's a good player, if we could get him in I think we would look better in the middle of the park £30m and £80k a week is allegedly the deal, not terrible, Juve got him on a free so excellant for them. But looking at similar players you can pay between £20m and £40m, depending on experience.
AC Milan also have an interest, Can allegedly turned down man utd already this window, because he has played for Liverpool. Personally it doesn't bother me signing ex Liverpool players, as long as they are good and do the business on the pitch

Seen the links to Emre Can today, he's a good player, if we could get him in I think we would look better in the middle of the park £30m and £80k a week is allegedly the deal, not terrible, Juve got him on a free so excellant for them. But looking at similar players you can pay between £20m and £40m, depending on experience.
AC Milan also have an interest, Can allegedly turned down man utd already this window, because he has played for Liverpool. Personally it doesn't bother me signing ex Liverpool players, as long as they are good and do the business on the pitch
I just don’t see him as a £30m player, I thought he was largely bang average at Castle Greyskull and he’s done little to change that view since.

Can and Vecino totally uninspiring rumours, go out and get Sangare or somebody for less

He could be good Sangare, but for me, he is untested at this level and quite young, he would need someone good in there with him, if we can move sigurdsson and Schniederlin out in the summer, sangare could then come in and be alongside Can or Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.