January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absolutely massive brass clangers on Carlo if we don’t sign CM or CB this window - look forward to him showboating the present squad into the European places by season’s end lol

.....by my reckoning, there’s two weeks of this window left. Here’s the Toffee transfer rumours for the morning of Friday 17th January;

- Confusing updates from the outlets reporting Everton links with Inter Milan midfielder, Matias Vecino. Calciomercato reported Everton are the ‘most interested’ in signing the 28 year old and had made contact with Inter on Wednesday. The players agent, Alessandro Lucci, is discussing his clients departure from the San Siro. SportItalia then said Spurs have accepted Vecino being part of a deal that takes Christian Eriksen to Inter, which meant Toffees have cooled their interest. Finally, Tuttosport reported Lucci as saying he’d met with Inter and talk of a move to Everton is off the table.

- Le Mans President, Thierry Gomez, has revealed he wont stand in the way of Stephane Diarra if he receives the right offer this month. The Sunderland Echo suggest Everton and Newcastle are keen on the 21 year old winger, whilst the Daily Record links the Frenchman with Celtic.

- Barcelona centre-back, Jean-Claire Todibo has been linked with a move to Everton but The Mail report he has agreed a loan deal with Schalke that includes an option to buy.

- Sky Sports reckon Chelsea will not be implementing their £40m buy-back clause this month for Bournemouth defender, Nathan Ake, which is a boost for Everton.

- According to the Daily Mirror, Newcastle remain interested in Everton defender, Mason Holgate.

Thanks eggs, I can't see us selling Holgate, he seems to start more than Mina and Keane, also can play right back or DM like at Man utd. I was kind of hoping we could get Zouma and Chelsea get Ake back. I can't see us getting Ake, think Bournemouth would want more than £40m. I don't see us spending that on one player this window.

I read that we have accepted several loan offers from championship teams for Niasse and he has turned them all down. I guess he is hoping to stay in the top flight. He may get his way on deadline day, Villa, Bournemouth or Norwich

Best thing would be to get a few players on 18 month deals like Spurs seem to be able to do. Preferably class players in their prime, so we get their best years and don't have to worry about getting rid when they start stinking the place our like Sigurdsson.

Weren't the likes of Robertson, Wijnaldrum and Shaquiri all signed from bottom / relegated sides? As well as Gana, obviously.

Spurs went and got that Sessegnon kid in the summer post-relegation, although he's not done a great deal there yet.

I think there's value to be had at that end of the league with the right players - rather sign players looking to push on than ones taking a step down for big money.

I remember years ago reading that a premier league manager wouldnt sign players from relegated teams because they have a "losing mentality" and it can spread like wildfire through the squad. I can see that but, I don't think it's always true I think it depends on the attitude and character of the player. I think the manager or Director of Football would have to meet the player before making the decision.

Best thing would be to get a few players on 18 month deals like Spurs seem to be able to do. Preferably class players in their prime, so we get their best years and don't have to worry about getting rid when they start stinking the place our like Sigurdsson.

Yep not the likes of Tosun on 4 years was it or Niasse?

Status
Not open for further replies.