January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too early to write him off for me.

He’s at a similar age as Coleman when he went out to Blackpool on loan. He came back a different player after a season of regular competitive football.

But obviously if Schalke offer a good price and Brands has someone better lined up, then that’s fair enough.

How much is a "good price" for Kenny?

......good morning Blues, wherever you are in the world. Here’s the Toffee transfer gossip for Wednesday 15th January;

- Speaking at his clubs AGM, Everton’s Director of Football, Marcel Brands said a squad of 23 players is ideal with 3 goalkeepers, 7 or 8 defenders, 6 midfielders and 6 attackers. He hinted that a right winger will be targeted this month to fill a void identified by Carlo Ancelotti.

- Calciomercato.com and many other outlets continue to link Everton with central midfielder, Gonzalo Villar who plays for Spanish 2nd tier club Elche. It is reported Roma has offered £2.5m for the 21 year old but it’s not certain how much he might cost, although he is said to have a £20m release clause.

- TheMailonline report Schalke want to turn Everton right back Jonjoe Kenny’s loan move into a permanent deal.

- Sky Sports reporter, Vinnie O’Connor, continues to claim Everton are keen on Bournemouth defender, Nathan Ake, but the Toffees are behind the likes of Spurs in pursuit of the 24 year old Dutch international.

- The Liverpool Echo repeats a number of rumours linking the Toffees with Yannick Carrasco of Chinese club Dalian Yifang, Inter Milan’s Matias Vecino and forward Hwang Hee-Chan of Red Bull Salzburg. The Athletic’s, Patrick Boyland, again claims Bayern Munich interest in Everton’s 18 year old forward, Anthony Gordon.

- The Chronicle say Newcastle manager, Steve Bruce, snubbed a move for Everton striker Cenk Tosun because he wouldn’t improve the squad’.

- According to the Daily Mirror, Aston Villa want Steven Nzonzi on loan. Everton has been linked with the midfielder who is currently on loan at Galatasaray from Roma.

- Everton have released Academy graduate Harry Charsley. The 23 year old has come to the end of an additional 6 month contract given to him by the club to help his rehabilitation after serious injury.

Hard to argue against steve Bruce’s opinion

Feyenoord are good at football ( albeit not this season) They have no need of him.

I'm working on the assumption that somebody must have an injury crisis and that the likes of Sparta Rotterdam, AD Den Haag or Venlo are turbo garbage and would like a cheap signing who speaks the language and knows the league.

I'm clutching at straws based on having watched some god awful teams this year, basically.

Yeah it must be bad if Pardew wouldn't even take him

Too early to write him off for me.

He’s at a similar age as Coleman when he went out to Blackpool on loan. He came back a different player after a season of regular competitive football.

But obviously if Schalke offer a good price and Brands has someone better lined up, then that’s fair enough.

The moment for me was in the 17/18 season when Coleman came back from a leg break back into the team and looked an absolute league above Kenny. This is Coleman who can’t cross a ball and can barely find a pass these days. Kenny is too slow and too weak although he’s ok on the ball. We need better.

Keep seeing this rumour about Nzonzi, not sure about him myself, wasn't exactly brilliant at Blackburn and now 31. May be wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.