January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without sounding like he who can't be named on this forum, I defo think we need to temper expectations a tiny bit in terms of ffp.

We clearly need to ship a few out before we spend.

Likes of tosun, schneiderlin, Walcott and maybe sigurdsson will be so hard to move on, and we're highly unlikely to make any profit on them.

For me I'd look to move on St Thomas of west Derby.

Any fee would be pure profit, I think he would command a fee north of 20. Don't think he's the worst player in the world but just don't see him hitting the heights we'd all love.

Option 2 for me is pickford. I'm not suggesting he's terrible, but I don't think he's performed to the amount we've invested in him. He has the England's number 1 tag so I think that could allow us to hoodwink a buyer into paying more than the 35 million we bought him for.

Also think you could get an equally competant replacement elsewhere and cheaper. Whilst investing the money elsewhere in the squad.

As an example maybe Henderson at sheff utd.

Having said all the above, who knows, maybe moshiri issues new shares which uncle ussy snaffles up and we go all city robinho era :cheers:
You get a few world class keepers, Pickford isn’t one he’s very good but so are a lot of others. I bet if we sold him and played Lossel we wouldn’t notice much different and Lossel wouldn’t make so many mistakes. But saying that I think if there was a real commanding CB in our side that would help Pickford improve.

Paco Alcacer anyone? Scored 10 in 8 games for Dortmund at the start of the season, gone off the boil a little bit since but still only 26. Very competent striker and he's surplus after Haland going there. Could probably get him for circa £20m.

Definitely worth a go.

Paco Alcacer anyone? Scored 10 in 8 games for Dortmund at the start of the season, gone off the boil a little bit since but still only 26. Very competent striker and he's surplus after Haland going there. Could probably get him for circa £20m.

Definitely worth a go.

Alllllll day. Quality player but i cant see him going for less than £35m.

For a player still three months shy of his 24th birthday, Adrien Rabiot has already racked up enough controversies to fill an entire career.
Take the time he turned down a new contract at Paris Saint-Germain in the summer of 2014 and agreed to join Roma, only to change his mind months later and sign a new deal.
Or the time he missed the 2015 Coupe de France final after turning up late for a team meeting.
Or when he annoyed PSG coach Laurent Blanc in December 2015 by revealing he had told club president Nasser Al-Khelaifi to loan him out if his amount of playing time dropped.
Or his decision to reject a spot on the standby list for France's World Cup squad last year, which has left him marooned on six caps for the foreseeable future.
His latest contract standoff with PSG has prompted reports that he has agreed to join Barcelona at the end of the season, when the five-year deal he signed in 2014 expires.”

Swerve.

Status
Not open for further replies.