January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Zat , centre back and centre mid are the priorities.

Even with Gbamin back he is untried in this country and at the highest level .

No one knows when Gomes will come back and , sadly as we have seen with Seamus , whether he will get back to his previous standard.

Delph is injury prone and Schneiderlin is ....wel Schneiderlin.

That leaves us incredibly short in centre mid.

Be very interested to see who Carlo goes go ..... Kessie ?

No one knows when Gomes will come back and , sadly as we have seen with Seamus , whether he will get back to his previous standard.

kessie, paint your pictures, 'bout how it's gonna be

the only significant difference wrt Gomes is his engine has never been one of his overriding plus points like coleman

Do you think Koulibaly would be so much? I sense we will make a big offer.

I also think some experience will be added in the short term.

I think they were asking £80mil then said even higher...pity we didnt match their crazy (at the time) valuation when Moshiri first came along.

I think theres two things to keep in mind...

1: We dont really have any experienced leaders who would be considered to be in the 'top' bracket.

2: To get to the top levels of the league you need to have the best players, we wont be able to sign them at their peak and so have to aim for them young.

With Ancelotti he should attract top players and young high potential players alike. He will have contacts all over the place, possibly to the same level of Brands and even more so in some cases.

Interestingly, he seems to favour the deep lying playmakers and of course is well known for switching Pirlos position and also brought Veratti to PSG.

Along with Veratti he also signed Ibra.

So, id like to see Ibra come in as it would have a huge impact on Richarlison, DCL, Kean and Gordon in terms of forward play but would also lend a winning mentality to the squad.

At the same time, id like to see us go for the 'new Veratti / Pirlo' which seems to be Sandro Tonali.

That boy seems to be a mix of Pirlo and Gattuso.

At centre back we 'could' get away with Keane, Mina and Holgate and i think Koulibaly may be (sadly) a pipe dream. Id go for Konate at Leipzig...seems to have world class potential and could be brought through gradually over the season.

A new spine of Konate, Tonali and Ibra brings quality, potential and past world class players into the teams spine

I think they were asking £80mil then said even higher...pity we didnt match their crazy (at the time) valuation when Moshiri first came along.

I think theres two things to keep in mind...

1: We dont really have any experienced leaders who would be considered to be in the 'top' bracket.

2: To get to the top levels of the league you need to have the best players, we wont be able to sign them at their peak and so have to aim for them young.

With Ancelotti he should attract top players and young high potential players alike. He will have contacts all over the place, possibly to the same level of Brands and even more so in some cases.

Interestingly, he seems to favour the deep lying playmakers and of course is well known for switching Pirlos position and also brought Veratti to PSG.

Along with Veratti he also signed Ibra.

So, id like to see Ibra come in as it would have a huge impact on Richarlison, DCL, Kean and Gordon in terms of forward play but would also lend a winning mentality to the squad.

At the same time, id like to see us go for the 'new Veratti / Pirlo' which seems to be Sandro Tonali.

That boy seems to be a mix of Pirlo and Gattuso.

At centre back we 'could' get away with Keane, Mina and Holgate and i think Koulibaly may be (sadly) a pipe dream. Id go for Konate at Leipzig...seems to have world class potential and could be brought through gradually over the season.

A new spine of Konate, Tonali and Ibra brings quality, potential and past world class players into the teams spine

I think Tonali makes a lot of sense in different ways really. Firstly he is of an age that he is gettable for us, and is probably within the remit of what Brands is trying to do. You have to factor in an Italian playing in Italy will help us. Finally he is not a powerhouse, and when you look at Gamin and potentially Holgate being quite destructive, powerful players he could add some finesse.

I think Tonali makes a lot of sense in different ways really. Firstly he is of an age that he is gettable for us, and is probably within the remit of what Brands is trying to do. You have to factor in an Italian playing in Italy will help us. Finally he is not a powerhouse, and when you look at Gamin and potentially Holgate being quite destructive, powerful players he could add some finesse.

We aren't signing Tonali. He'll slot right into a Top 5 world side next season. We need to find the next Tonali, which is suppose to be Brands job...

Status
Not open for further replies.