January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never made any signings due to the high wage bill we have.

The same will happen in the summer if we can't shift some of the deadwood. It's not sustainable, especially with a new stadium to pay for.
Im hoping that we at least have a shortlist for the Summer.

But Brands and Steinson said no transfer is impossible?

It's cute what you're saying but it's completely ignoring the fact that other more attractive options than us will be after these players. Werner is not some unknown gem anymore. Every team will want a player like him in it.

Brands will need to be a lot cleverer than that. Yes, we can offer a good wage....eventually, but personally I don't want players coming here for the wedge anymore. It achieves nothing.

Messi is out of our fpp mate. You can’t really compare like that.
Attractive is in the eyes of the beholder mate. Like I say, every players moves for personal reason and we may just provide them with an attractive project to believe in. Of cos good players are targetted by a host of clubs. That shoundnt be the reason we stop trying.

Wages will be well spend if the player is of good quality. A 25k per week striker is still a waste of money if he can’t score.

I was in bed early. Will somebody break down in bullet points who we got in. I couldn't be arsed reading through pages of transfer in news.

In - no one

Out - Bolasie to Anderlecht on loan, Beningime to Wigan on loan, Connolly recalled from loan at Ipswich to got to Bolton on loan, Martina recalled from loan at Stoke to go to Feyenoord on loan to be made permanent in summer, Antony Evans to Blackpool on loan

Messi is out of our fpp mate. You can’t really compare like that.
Attractive is in the eyes of the beholder mate. Like I say, every players moves for personal reason and we may just provide them with an attractive project to believe in. Of cos good players are targetted by a host of clubs. That shoundnt be the reason we stop trying.

Wages will be well spend if the player is of good quality. A 25k per week striker is still a waste of money if he can’t score.

You realise i'm not being serious about Messi yeah?

I don’t know what this conclusion is based on?
I’d say as a business they are likely doing both.
If it’s because we didn’t sell any of our deadwood then why didn’t Chelsea sell Drinkwater or Cahill, United didn’t sell Darmian or Rojo, Arsenal didn’t sell Wellbeck, RS haven’t been able to sell Markovic in 4 seasons, Spurs didn’t sell Wanyama etc etc

Plus, we’ve one of the biggest net spends in the league but we’re still miles away, something needs to change.

I think chelsa and United have the same porblem. There wages i to high, nobody want to pay that.

Status
Not open for further replies.