January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bringing in walcott. Need to ship out a LOT of 'dead wood' (shneiderfruad, besic, cuco the clown and jagieka and williams will need to be replaced at the end of the season.) An ACTUAL left back, coleman back and we *LOOK* like a decent team again

Not a chance they will all go, most of them are starters and whoever is manager won’t have much to spend in the summer now we’ve sold all our valuable players. Whoever is in charge will want them for the squad.

I cant currently see Schneiderlin or Williams going in the summer, just because we dont have enough replacements and it would be too much turnover. But I see Besic and Jagielka as gone, and of course Martina. Between that, Mirallas moving on, Lennon moving on, and likely Niasse moving on, that frees up a lot of wages. We have had way too big of a team for what we need.

Surely you mean "recover that which he is contractually entitled to"?

Fair play to him if he forgoes 6 months or so of his remaining deal. He has suffered enough already.

??????????

You assured me this was nowhere near the case the other day?!?!?! Liquidation now inevitable?????????

No, I've already conceded to you (for weeks) that £££ wise, we're in trouble. No denying that at all, that's why the 30m Pickford money you paid wasn't reinvested in the team, it simply went towards our debt which is rumoured to be at about 200m. What I've told you consistently, is that as bad as we are, liquidation isn't close. Obviously, we're still in debt, but the books have been balanced (slightly). Still a long, long way to go mind.

We'll need to sell our valuable players (Kone and Ndong) and bring in some cash. Unfortunately, we'll not see any of that money, meaning we can't upgrade the squad.

To summarise, liquadation isn't close at this stage. If we go down, then yeah - that's a real worry. Even then, I still highly-doubt we'd shut up. Despite what you think, Sunderland has enormous potential (Good fan base, excellent youth/training facilities & good stadium) and I'd hope, some very wealthy group/investors would see that and would bail us out of our crisis. I can't see Short stopping around much longer. Clubs have been in far worst states than us and survived.

All of this is hypotethical mind. I still don't think we'll go down, I'm 100% certain we're not quite at the liquadation level. I'm happy for you to quote me on that too.

No, I've already conceded to you (for weeks) that £££ wise, we're in trouble. No denying that at all, that's why the 30m Pickford money you paid wasn't reinvested in the team, it simply went towards our debt which is rumoured to be at about 200m. What I've told you consistently, is that as bad as we are, liquidation isn't close. Obviously, we're still in debt, but the books have been balanced (slightly). Still a long, long way to go mind.

We'll need to sell our valuable players (Kone and Ndong) and bring in some cash. Unfortunately, we'll not see any of that money, meaning we can't upgrade the squad.

To summarise, liquadation isn't close at this stage. If we go down, then yeah - that's a real worry. Even then, I still highly-doubt we'd shut up. Despite what you think, Sunderland has enormous potential (Good fan base, excellent youth/training facilities & good stadium) and I'd hope, some very wealthy group/investors would see that and would bail us out of our crisis. I can't see Short stopping around much longer. Clubs have been in far worst states than us and survived.

All of this is hypotethical mind. I still don't think we'll go down, I'm 100% certain we're not quite at the liquadation level. I'm happy for you to quote me on that too.

Not really that much potential mate

Look at Newcastle, much bigger club/better stadium/bigger fan base and there struggling to sell

Major problem with Sunderland is the area is so run down and just a pretty dire place in general

Status
Not open for further replies.