January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more rumors I see, the more I am convinced we are trying to sign a CM and wont sign a LB. I think we will try and ship out Schneiderlin if we can get a deal for one of our main 3 targets.

But I also think we have decided that with Coleman coming back, Funes Mori coming back soon, and Baines coming back after that, that we will have 4 players we can try at that LB spot until the end of the season, Kenny, Garbutt, Funes Mori, and Baines.

Arh well, BFS is buying a right footed CM so he can play him LB
;)

Oh Schneilderlin out and Brozovic in ...

within minutes of each other.

Watch this space.
Just watched a youtube video of Brozovic.

I never attach too much importance to these videos for obvious reasons, but the one thing that stuck out watching this was the number of Inter players ahead of Brozovic every time he had possession of the ball. 5 or 6 in almost every shot. When our midfield players get the ball most of the team are either behind them or, at best, in line. Usually only DCL and one more ahead of them. No wonder our midfield is crap, they have no 'kin options.

So would we all but until Baines is back I can’t see it happening.
The Garbutt registration if true may mean he’s in on Weds
I hope Garbutt takes his chance, but he should have been fighting for a place against Baines and a proper left back since the opening game of the season.

I can't see it happening though. I just wish that the one on the cards.

Fail to see the attraction of Nzonzi. Semi talented thug of a player with a poor attitude. All in all the type of player you’d expect to find earning his living at some bottom of the table scrappers like Stoke.....
Stoke's player of the year in 2014 and moved to Sevilla were he became an integral part of their side, the one which beat the reds in the Europa final in 2016. Also called up to the senior France squad for the first time last year, all of this suggesting that he's a player that's only gotten better over time and is entering the peak of his career. He also worked with Allardyce at Blackburn so he knows what he's about.

He'd walk into our side and instantly improve it.

Have to say the thought of spending big money on Nzonzi does not appeal to me in the slightest. Not sure he's really the type of player we need, and he was no better than average in his previous spell in England. Add in the fact that he would be yet another to add to the list of players likely to be on big wages with no resale value and it's difficult to see what the pluses are.

Status
Not open for further replies.