January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
if we managed to magically move on all the players I listed then we would need 2 left backs, 2 left sided centre backs, a centre mid, winger and one or maybe two centre forwards.

If Sigurdsson and Sandro game good and Barkley stayed then really we'd only need 5 players and could jettison a whole teams worth
Mate, if we magically, or otherwise, move on all the players you've listed, there's no point in calling us a football team anymore cos we'd have no actual footballers left. We'd be out of business within the week.

McCarthy / Besic should be sold because of their injury records....games up for them.
Schneiderlin can go....been a disaster this season.

I'd stick with Gana and Baningime rotating in one DM slot. Sell the others...
Klaassen and Bolasie. Davy is gonna be ace when he gets a few games in. I swear it.
Needs to play deeper. Think him and Gana would be a perfect match. Instead weve been playing him on flanks for crying out loud...

Which of the following would you like to see at the club next season;

Stekelenburg
Williams
Martina
Schneiderlin
Besic
Mirallas
Lennon
McCarthy
Klaassen
Mori
Pennington
Browning
Galloway
Tarashaj
Bolasie
Rooney
Sigurdsson

You don't become crap overnight mate, it's a coaching issue

Schneiderlin
Besic
Lennon
McCarthy
Klaasson
Mori
Galloway
Bolasie
Rooney ( player coach role)
Iceland

Tarashaj - I have never seen him play so cannot judge
Pennington is looking at a perm to Leeds
Browning and Galloway jury is out

Besic is a weird one as he looks the part but hasn't delivered

It has shown too there is a place for McCarthy if he can get fit

We have had so many incomings so having huge amount of further incomings in January might be detrimental further to the team.

January should be 2 centre forwards, centre back that can run, left back, maybe a left winger, but I cannot see us moving for so many players

This is going to be the most important second half of the season we have had since the 1990's, the man we put in charge has to be right that's why the jury is out on Silva in my opinion

Needs to play deeper. Think him and Gana would be a perfect match. Instead weve been playing him on flanks for crying out loud...
The way they played Gana and Morgan last week was a complete disgrace. Talk about screwing up your tactics. Taking Morgan off was a complete blessing. Gana needs to be a DCM. Honestly, it's tough to see how bad some of these guys are when they have no idea what the heck they are doing out there. I'd lump quite a few in that bucket.

I do think a decent target striker makes a huge different in this attack. You mix in Coleman, Bolaisse, Ross, Onyekuru this year or next, and things look a bit different.

But the back line needs an overhaul. I do think dumping Mirallas, McCarthy, even Morgan, wouldn't make a dent in this side and could end up helping to pay for a couple of legit first team players in the back. I think if someone wants to come in for what we paid for Klaassen, then I think that's probably worth it even though I think he's a good player.

I know it'd be tough to get a Koulibaly or a VVD to Everton, but we really need an elite CB and LB. Baines is finished. I didn't want to believe it, but it's so obvious.

You don't become crap overnight mate, it's a coaching issue

Schneiderlin
Besic
Lennon
McCarthy
Klaasson
Mori
Galloway
Bolasie
Rooney ( player coach role)
Iceland

Tarashaj - I have never seen him play so cannot judge
Pennington is looking at a perm to Leeds
Browning and Galloway jury is out

Besic is a weird one as he looks the part but hasn't delivered

It has shown too there is a place for McCarthy if he can get fit

We have had so many incomings so having huge amount of further incomings in January might be detrimental further to the team.

January should be 2 centre forwards, centre back that can run, left back, maybe a left winger, but I cannot see us moving for so many players

This is going to be the most important second half of the season we have had since the 1990's, the man we put in charge has to be right that's why the jury is out on Silva in my opinion

The way they played Gana and Morgan last week was a complete disgrace. Talk about screwing up your tactics. Taking Morgan off was a complete blessing. Gana needs to be a DCM. Honestly, it's tough to see how bad some of these guys are when they have no idea what the heck they are doing out there. I'd lump quite a few in that bucket.

I do think a decent target striker makes a huge different in this attack. You mix in Coleman, Bolaisse, Ross, Onyekuru this year or next, and things look a bit different.

But the back line needs an overhaul. I do think dumping Mirallas, McCarthy, even Morgan, wouldn't make a dent in this side and could end up helping to pay for a couple of legit first team players in the back. I think if someone wants to come in for what we paid for Klaassen, then I think that's probably worth it even though I think he's a good player.

I know it'd be tough to get a Koulibaly or a VVD to Everton, but we really need an elite CB and LB. Baines is finished. I didn't want to believe it, but it's so obvious.

Garbutt / Galloway / Browning / Tarashaj / Grant / Klaassen -- Wont be missed
Robles / Barkley -- I want them to stay but contracts expiring
Martina / WIlliams / Schneiderlin -- Too dreadful for words
McCarthy / Besic -- Injury prone
Baines / Jagielka -- Finished
Lennon/ Mirallas -- Not good enough

17 players...that's SEVENTEEN players who we either don't need or who should leave.

Edit: I even forgot Bolasie and Mori in the not good enough bracket.

Garbutt / Galloway / Browning / Tarashaj / Grant / Klaassen -- Wont be missed
Robles / Barkley -- I want them to stay but contracts expiring
Martina / WIlliams / Schneiderlin -- Too dreadful for words
McCarthy / Besic -- Injury prone
Baines / Jagielka -- Finished
Lennon/ Mirallas -- Not good enough

17 players...that's SEVENTEEN players who we either don't need or who should leave.

Edit: I even forgot Bolasie and Mori in the not good enough bracket.

Do you believe that around 10 games is enough to judge Klaassen

Bolaise before his injury is our best attacking threat

Morgan is having a bad start and as I said you don't become a bad player overnight

Do you believe that around 10 games is enough to judge Klaassen

Bolaise before his injury is our best attacking threat

Morgan is having a bad start and as I said you don't become a bad player overnight

Ive seen Klaassen play plenty of times for Ajax...nowhere near the type of player we need.

Bolasie, I cant see why people rate him...

Schneiderlin isn't just having a bad start though is he? He's been dreadful every game.

A lot of the players atm will have their futures decided by who comes in as manager. Silva for example turned cleverley around and he now looks very good in his role, so easy to see him doing similar with a klassen or a sandro - very easy to see that actually.

We don't need an elite centre back mate, we just need a choice of three who are at worst solid and none of whom have a massive flaw such as pace or not being able to pass a ball five yards

United for example look solid when they have smalling and Jones play, because they're well coached 'decent' players.

We do however need a quality left back as Baines just looks done at this level now, we also as you say need to completely scrap playing two defensive mids, but can and will only do that when we sort out the centre back problems.

Two def mids for me allows both to neglect their roles and go wandering or worse hiding. Because they can always put blame onto the other, play one, it's their job and its clear as day when they fail that it's their area they failed in.

Status
Not open for further replies.