January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are a bit short in that position

Ha - everyone knows we are not but that’s what will happen. But do you think that either stands a better chance of being a bit more effective than the three tried there so far? Go on which one fully fit right now? Just one name will do and then an explanation of why. Cheers

yeah, were desperate for number 10s

As above:

Ha - everyone knows we are not but that’s what will happen. But do you think that either stands a better chance of being a bit more effective than the three tried there so far? Go on which one fully fit right now? Just one name will do and then an explanation of why. Cheers

I'll say this - been watching Hanover vs. RB Leipzig and Salif Sane is a complete beast in the back for Hanover. Point being, there are CBs out there that be improvements that won't cost what VVD would cost.

We will sign proven players, who are solid but not world beaters I.e. exactly what we need.

Alternatively we will sign a load of youngsters who will never play for us as we will be relegated.

Been linked with Welbeck, as he wants first team football, I would take him, think he would be an improvement on what we have
That's the answer!

Sign someone we know will miss most of the season so we can say 'if only welbeck was fit we would have stayed up' ;)

Spend big on Gameiro, and get it done now so that he's ready to arrive in the first week of January.

Also, while I'm not a huge fan of his, I would seriously consider Walcott, too. This team needs pace and variety in attack, and the likes of Bolasie and Sandro aren't good enough to provide it.

Would take either Shaw or Blind from United to play left-back. No idea what level of centre-halves are likely to be available, though.

Good shouts there. Walcott might be useful enough.

I've seen Blind play amazingly well at centre back also. Very intelligent footballer. Possibly not exactly what we need due to lack of pace however.

Spend big on Gameiro, and get it done now so that he's ready to arrive in the first week of January.

Also, while I'm not a huge fan of his, I would seriously consider Walcott, too. This team needs pace and variety in attack, and the likes of Bolasie and Sandro aren't good enough to provide it.

Would take either Shaw or Blind from United to play left-back. No idea what level of centre-halves are likely to be available, though.
Walcott and Shaw can do one. Neither of them are good enough.

Gameiro is an interesting suggestion. Price would be a factor.

Blind is a yes. Classic utility player who can function effectively in more than one position, one of which is where we have a current urgent need (LB).

Walcott and Shaw can do one. Neither of them are good enough.

Gameiro is an interesting suggestion. Price would be a factor.

Blind is a yes. Classic utility player who can function effectively in more than one position, one of which is where we have a current urgent need (LB).

Don't think we'd have to pay much more than £15m for him.

He's 30, like, but a good player. Has pace and would press well.

Would be keen on Blind but don't think Jose will be letting him leave any time soon, could be wrong though.

...Steve Walsh has apparently been watching Norwich’s 20 year old midfielder, James Maddison.

Didn't Steve Walsh have a short list of six strikers that Koeman rejected as Giroud was coming in, given that Walsh is still our director of football? And Koeman has now gone won't Walsh push these players again, whoever they are?

William Jose and Zapata from Juventus?, weren't these guys mentioned and linked

Status
Not open for further replies.